Notices

Totally self absorbed!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

the way i got( and get) out of selfishness is to practice selflessness. get out and do something for someone else. pick up the garbage i see when i am walking into a store. say good morning/good afternoon/good evening to people i see. ask them how they are doin and listen to the response.
i work on helping others when i can. sometimes i see an expression of,"wow, there really are good people in the world" and i know that made them feel better, even if it was just for a moment.

it takes footwork to get out of it and if i didnt start doin it, i wouldnt get out of the selfishness.

"I worry all day about... Well... Me. I worry that I'll never get a job, that I'll be alone forever, thatmums cancer will spread further, that I'm going to be this miserable person forever"

worrying aint no good. for me, it is putting the weight of the world on me as if i am God and control the world and the outcome of situations.
is there anything i can do about a situation? if no, i give it to God and trust him.
if yes, i put in the footwork.

i can relate to the cancer thing. i would highly suggest ya get spendin time with mum. pick her up and go do stuff with her. make the most of life with her.. maybe the both of you could go do some volunteer work to help others. i am sure it will help her,too.

you dont have to be a miserable person. just gottam make the choice ya dont wanna be miserable and put in the footwork to change.