Notices

So ill..

Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

Please go to an ER to detox and then stay stopped.

Grief support and alcoholism support can give you a new perspective on things.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Too sick to go to rehab? Not possible hun, do it for your kids. You have another 50 years ahead of you if you really really desire it. Think about your children. Don't you want to see them grow up and have children of their own?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm confused Sally...Did the doc talk to you about your asthma? When you made the decision to leave did you involve the doctor in that decision or did you just leave? I can't see how you would be better off medically at home just because of the asthma medication... Surely the detox was in a medical setting and they would have looked after you if your asthma got bad?

I'm very sorry for your pain. I have never lost a partner but I lost my dad 10 years ago. I will always regret spending the year after his death in a drunken haze. I am sure that he wouldn't have been too impressed that it took me this long to get my sh;t together.

No one wants you to be sick and drunk Sally, and I'm sure you don't want to be either, but you have to meet people half way. I am sure your family just don't know what to do rather than it being a case of them misunderstanding you. I hope you find the strength to get to that rehab.

Let us know how you're doing *Hugs* xxx
Old 08-06-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

Seems to me that the people at detox would not have let you die of asthma, and they would have been able to be in contact with your doctor.

We are all x drunks here, so we can spot BS from a mile away. We are the masters. Can't pull the wool over our eyes

Sally,
Now you are at home, family is pissed, drinking 4 bottles a day, and did the doctor suddenly up your asthma medication because you left rehab?

Many people without insurance and people that are on long waiting lists would give anything to be able to go to rehab, you( like many of us have) have completely blown or are blowing opportunities for help by choice.

I know I sound a bit harsh, but I watched my pop die alone of alcoholism. I found him dead on the floor- empty bottles of wine everywhere. I remember a time when we, the family, were driving him to rehab and he actually jumped out of the car at a stop light, and we didn't see him again for days. Jeeze! I guess he wasn't ready--- LOL yes I can laugh about some of it now.

I am sorry for your loss, Sally, and the pain you are suffering. I hope you do the right thing and go to the ER and get back to rehab.

My Unrealistic fears, depression, crippling anxiety, self pity, anger, and the whole gamut of emotions straight from the depths of hell where increased immensely by my drinking.

BTY, hypochondriac

Again, great post from another thread. I think you said, "I had two choices, be permanently drunk or never drink again." Not stalking your posts- ha! You just have some good ones that speak to me

Hugs comin' at ya, Sally
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Originally Posted by gmaklay View Post
Think of the others in your life that depend on you.... Go back now, get clean, make amends with your family.... Love and be loved!

I don't even know you and I want you to live. If you don't think you can drive there call 911. They will take care of you. There is no shame in it.
Thanks so much for your very kind advice. Alas in the UK, where I live, Emergency Services dont operate the same way. You cannot arrive at hospital when you are drunk.
PS here in the UK we have to dial 999, not 911!!

Last edited by CarolD; 08-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Sounds like you need to get back into a medical facility that can monitor your re-detox and your asthma. Sally, I say this with kindness.. but there is no way you're ever going to grieve normally or in a healthy way while you're still drinking. Of course you're still grieving, you really haven't moved through the process yet. I don't know how you're getting your wine being bed bound, but I sure hope it's not through your son as it was in the past.. that's just unfair, in my opinion (both my parents were drunks, so that's coming from a slightly personal bias).
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
You cannot arrive at hospital when you are drunk.
Last time I was at A&E everyone was drunk! In fact I'm pretty sure every A&E dedicated it's Fridays and Saturdays to helping drunk people!

If you were under care I'm assuming that that will continue right? Are you being seen to by a local drug and alcohol agency? Have you got a key worker or counsellor who is your main point of contact? x
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello Sally,

I'm only 23 but I really think you should understand how much you have to experience and stay living for. 56 is not old nor an age to give up on sobriety.
I relapsed very recently, I feel like I'm dying to. I only drink around 5 litres of cider a day, though. Like the doctor tells you, I think you have the mental stability to ween yourself off it. If you knock half a bottle off every week. I hate to sound like some wanky preacher, considering I'm not well myself, but I care about you.

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your very kind advice. Alas in the UK, where I live, Emergency Services dont operate the same way. You cannot arrive at hospital when you are drunk.
PS here in the UK we have to dial 999, not 911!!
Sally
I'm in the UK too.I think many people arrive at A&E drunk esp at weekends. If you need emergency treatment they will treat you. If you want to stop drinking there is help available but you have to take that first step.good luck
Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
AA member

I feell so alone and misunderstood.

Sally you do not need to feel this way.Just from the replies to your post you can see how much people care for you.You are an Alcoholic we care about you.

Did you get to the rehab with your keyworker yesterday?

Until you stop drinking and stay stopped nothing will improve for you,

You can go to A+E,anywhere in the Uk 24/7.

Wishing you well.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sally1009

So ill

Thanks for all your kind replies They really gave me strength.
I'm happy to say I'm two days sober, tho very weak and tired. To answer some questions: the de-tox wont accept me back without going through the 8 week waiting list all over again. I'm waiting to go to the actual rehab, which could take two weeks still.
I had been buying my own alcohol - not asking my son to. I would get enough for the day, then the next day, when I was sober, repeat the process.
Now it's a waiting game, getting back to AA, and trying to continue to stay sober.

Last edited by Sally1009; 08-09-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You can do this Sally....Just don't give up. Get to some meetings...Read some AA literature..And just don't drink today....That's all you have to take care of...Today.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am glad you are doing better. You are making the right decision to get clean and sober. We are here for you to love and support you.

Love
Chrisy
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

WTG Sally! 2 days is great and just think tomorrow will make it 3 days and so on...and so on!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

2 days is great, Sally. Keep going, OK? You know where alcohol ends.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

The meetings will be your salvation, Sally.

All the best.

Bob R