Notices

The dark void we call Alcoholism

Old 07-31-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The dark void we call Alcoholism

So much strife and turmoil this board bleeds every day. It is disheartening yet reminds me how we all share a common problem and a common goal. There are times when I come here and churn out optimism and feel oddly out of place or indifferent to the minds of many who lurk here. Yet, I completely connect and understand the challenging plight that faces each and every poster I browse through. I have been to many of the dark places that others write about here and it reminds of why I can never go back into such a murky void. Why we all need to stick to the common goal of sobriety and why it should be so important to each and every one of us.

It brings me back to a distant memory. Only a child, my friend and I wandered away from a town baseball game into the swamplands with another child we didn't know. We fell into quicksand, staring at each other realizing we were sinking we screamed and quickly grabbed onto the reeds surrounding us and managed to climb out. The other Child cried and wouldn't cross so we jumped back through to be with him because he was afraid to be alone. The three of us made it out of the swamp together because we wouldn't leave him.

Of course our Moms scolded us for being muddy and didn't believe about the quicksand until about one year later when the government posted big signs all along the swamp warning of quicksand.

I'll never forget though how the three of us stuck together and made it out of there.

The same way all of us need to stick together and make it out of the dark void we call Alcoholism.

To another sober day to us all.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing....hope everyone will find their way out of
darkness into the sunshine....
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol can pick you up temporarily and drop you down to the depths of the damned equally as quick