Notices

Finally got a Dwi

Old 08-02-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hanging out with totally smashed people is boring/tedious for me now. When I hang out with them (most of my friends are drunks) and they are drinking the last thing I want to do is drink. My AV tries the hardest to get me to drink when I'm alone. I wouldn't take the trip because I wouldn't want to feel responsible for a bunch of drinking on the water...
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

wow thanks for all the responses... So it seems unanimous that I will fail if I go?

I do not have an escape route... I will be in the woods.. I do have some benzos though to take the edge off... Is that not enough...

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
absolutely not, you dont need to avoid every single vulnerable situation. But during your early sobriety you may need to until you the obsession goes away.

EDIT: and as for the peer pressure, you're not in high school anymore. If your friends give you a hard time for staying sober then they arent really your friends and its time to find some new people to hang out with.
Its just one kid that is going that is a loser and doesn;t want to see anyone clean up... he is always broke ... Last time I was with him he spent 1500 k in a strip club on lap dances and put it on his dads credit card (hes 28 and has his dads credit card) .. hes also 60 k in debt not including school loans... Im going to cancel, I just found this kid is going.

Thank you all
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I haven't gone anywhere for 7 months. And guess what - I am 7 months sober!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by soberbrooke View Post
I haven't gone anywhere for 7 months. And guess what - I am 7 months sober!
I too am seven months sober, but I've gone places. But only if I have a legitimate reason like the big book says. I've eaten dinner at bars, because they have excellent food, and it never occured to me at all that I could go to a bar simply for food. And I can do that now, and be perfectly happy drinking a soda or juice.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I still went...ppl were not pounding or getting out of control.. it was hard at night because I really wanted a drink so I ended up going to bed early and getting up early
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't drink-how are you feeling now FF?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ah, kayaking! Now I get it. For the first couple of posts I thought this guy was traveling to a japaneese city..

Good job, man.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by Flyersfan View Post
I still went...ppl were not pounding or getting out of control.. it was hard at night because I really wanted a drink so I ended up going to bed early and getting up early
Good!