Notices

Crushed

Old 07-26-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crushed

Just gave in after 2.5 months. Was feeling so good but the voice took over and now I'm paying for it. When will this ever stop? I am so embarrassed again. Another morning, waiting for hubby to wake up to tell me all the stupid things I did. Last night was supposed to be special too. I hate this problem so much. It takes everything from me. I have to start
again. Humiliated. Again. Don't know what to do or where to go from here.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

So sorry, I had a slip in my sobriety and took DXM one night. I thought, "well at least I am not drinking, Ha!" I did some pretty stupid stuff, and felt like a complete jackass. I was glad that I felt so bad about it, and that I acted the fool, because it strengthened my resolve not to do it again. All I can do is move forward.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes I did return to drinking many times before I found my solution.
Please don't let this deter you from re starting your recovery...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on attempt number 7. Not that I'm counting. My slip... well, the excuse I gave people was that I'd just had a letter from the student loan people telling me that what they'd been saying for the last six months was wrong, and I couldn't have one. But that was just an excuse.
Where do we go? We see what we learned from our slips, stand up and start again. At day 1. And yes, those first few days are rough. We forget that. Or rather we don't. We just don't listen to the bit of us that does.
You can do this. You deserve to be sober. :ghug3
Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey many of us have slipped! I did too and I was so upset, ashamed and cross at my own weakness. But I got straight back up. I kept posting. I listened to what others told me. I went to AA. I'm stronger now and coming up to 9 weeks sober.
Do the same I urge you. It's so much easier if you do xx
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

i slipped many times before i finally hit the place where i was willing to do the 12 steps.Nothing else would get me sober or keep me sober.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Newhouse2012, are you attending AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No. I'm not attending aa meetings but I need to. I had major courage to attend some women's only groups when I first became sober the first time around. Honestly, no one said hello to me, i tried to engage in some conversation and I felt incredibly awkward. I left very quickly after the meetings. I guess I have to attend another.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The meetings will help--try a few. I slipped in & out for years. This time I finally, totally surrendered & became willing to listen & learn. This is the longest I have been clean & sober--17 months...Never want to go back again...Latch on to the winners at the meetings...rub elbows with those with time under their belts & 'get' what the fellowship is all about.