Notices

Never Falter - Sober Song Number 2

Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Never Falter - Sober Song Number 2

As promised, here is a link to me most recent tune written for sobriety.

MP3 Unsigned - The Best MP3 s from New and Unsigned Artists

I find it is really helping to keep me grounded as I immerse myself in these tunes I forget about everything else. If I get the impulse to drink I feel it would cheapen my songwriting attempts to give in.

More to follow.

Have a happy sober day everyone!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

Another awesome song, Sudz, it went right to my downloads music library. It is so great that you are using your creative talent like this, I know how you mentioned that in the past many of your creative moments where when you where drunk, but you are creative inside without it. This song also has a progressive vibe that I love. Good stuff. LOL, I could see part of this in a symphonic black metal song. Ha--what can I say I love metal.

Take care
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks MetalChick. I have quite a long background in Metal myself it just doesn't channel when I write because keyboards only get so heavy. I did notice that in the bridge of this tune I sounded a bit like one of my Idols, Yngwie Malmsteen. When I was doing dry runs through the song for the solo I was doing arpeggios that sounded a lot like him but I toned it down for the recording.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One unexpected development has occurred from this and I am not sure how to proceed. Using "Sudz No More" as a pen name has endeared me to people just passing through the public site where I posted the music. If I continue posting music there and a song becomes popular I will begin to blur the lines of anonymity. Not that it matters that much as most of my friends, family and coworkers know anyway. I just felt the need to keep my addiction separate.

Two and two will eventually fall together in the fast moving internet. Not sure if I care and maybe I shouldn't care. But I find it perplexing.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Sudz, FANTASTIC.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
One unexpected development has occurred from this and I am not sure how to proceed. Using "Sudz No More" as a pen name has endeared me to people just passing through the public site where I posted the music. If I continue posting music there and a song becomes popular I will begin to blur the lines of anonymity. Not that it matters that much as most of my friends, family and coworkers know anyway. I just felt the need to keep my addiction separate.

Two and two will eventually fall together in the fast moving internet. Not sure if I care and maybe I shouldn't care. But I find it perplexing.
I see what you mean. I use a different screen name for this site. I see what you mean too about it not mattering because most already know your deal, but for me I do say some pretty deep and personal stuff here, and I want to maintain my anonymity.

Maybe for now you could use a different name for the music site? That way you wouldn't have to worry about it. It is one thing for people to know you are a RA, but another thing for them to be able to read your personal sh*t. It is almost like having them sitting there in an AA meeting- Up to you; just sayin'...
Old 07-22-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yngwie Malmsteen.. That guy is amazing. The Paganini of our time \M/
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
I see what you mean. I use a different screen name for this site. I see what you mean too about it not mattering because most already know your deal, but for me I do say some pretty deep and personal stuff here, and I want to maintain my anonymity.

Maybe for now you could use a different name for the music site? That way you wouldn't have to worry about it. It is one thing for people to know you are a RA, but another thing for them to be able to read your personal sh*t. It is almost like having them sitting there in an AA meeting- Up to you; just sayin'...
Agreed, that is why I started an Artist name there as my screen name here. Used the same ***** account for Sudz to activate the page. Left no easy traces back but it is possible if someone really wants to. hmm...
Old 07-22-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
Yngwie Malmsteen.. That guy is amazing. The Paganini of our time \M/
Absolutely brilliant back in the day. the album from 1984 "Rising Force" is just perfect. Except for the dude that sings on two tracks, sorry

One of the greatest songs he ever did.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Black Star (Live in Leningrad 1989) - YouTube
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Sudz, I definitely dig your new song. I can hear a lot of determination and strength in it. I think it's really cool that you're using songwriting as a way to channel your energy and stay on a sober path.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sudz,

Yea, I see what you are saying, they would have to really try, not likely, but not impossible. Even if all your friends have your music name/***** ID, it isn't like they would be going here to find you, but might stumble on you. I think I get it, but I am blonde- that's my excuse and sticking to it

I just did a Google search for “sudznomore music” and it brought results for both your SR posts about your songs, and your mp3 unsigned page. Not sure if that matters at all, and I doubt anyone would do a search like that anyhow.

That is a great album!!!!!!!! Love it! I have it on CD. I love the song, Far Beyond the Sun. Well, they are all great. I always thought the singer sounded a little like a bootleg DIO. I Wikied that ****er up, and he was in Journey for tours in 06-07.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jeff Scott Soto was the singer on that album. Not surprised we didn't see much more of him. The keyboard player Jens Johansson was out of this world awesome.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about being identified if so who cares. So many of my friends from back then are either still heavy into it, used to be like me or are no longer with us.

I'm just gonna keep on working my way to another sober day. Sounds like a lyric, maybe it should be...