Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Question for all alcoholics..why is alcohol so pleasurable to you?

Notices

Question for all alcoholics..why is alcohol so pleasurable to you?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Much like many other things in life, drugs, alcohol affect individuals differently. Of course like even cigarettes, coffee, chocolate etc...once your body accepts these items, you may often crave them. I had that with booze. 1 was not enough...that was the primer...I had to have more....It did take me to places I wouldn't have went to normally...I am happy to say that through AA I no longer have to go there.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All of these substances are highly addictive. Alcohol just happened to be the one I got addicted to. Probably because it was legal, easily available and not only socially acceptable but encouraged. It might as well have been anything, as there but for the Grace of God go I. Go all of us.

It is all the same. Keep on any of these addiction roads and they will all lead to hell.

I have to wonder if allowing yourself to dwell and split hairs about this, if you are finding a way to keep your high alive? Might there be a question beneath your surface inquiry that would help you and others gain greater detachment, and not promote attachment?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bryangt View Post
I had that with booze. 1 was not enough...that was the primer...I had to have more....It did take me to places I wouldn't have went to normally...
Since this thread is already here, this kind of statement is something I don't understand. I drank too much every night for a while, but it was because I liked to. I don't understand when people say things like "I can't have just one". I mean, suppose one drink was all there was available. What would happen from just having that one, and not having more?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

If alcohol which is a chemical depressant was still in my life
I sure would have missed out on all the joy and sense of purpose
I have as an AA recovered alcoholic....

Whatever drug you use there are dangers

Let's get back to doing recovery....

We are not having a contest nor a survey or promoting
any drug or alcohol use on our site.

Thanks for honoring our mission of recovery
This thread is closed..