Notices

Bill Collectors Threatened Me!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Originally Posted by jumper506 View Post
Thanks for the defense Jennikate but I am a republican so I'm used to it. It seems if you are not a liberal nowadays you are awful. Since this is my last post here I'll tell you what I think. It sounds like a few of the people here are whiners and would rather live off someone else rather than to show some responsibility. As far as the obvious left wing attitude, I could never understand how libs say republicans are so mean when all I did was mention the fact that someone should pay what they owe and I am vilified.Kinda reversed I think. It seems to me personal responsibility is what we were taught as children,at least I was.
Universal health care is not a party divider in Canada. If anyone suggested dismantling it, there would be quite the uproar. Unlike the USA, most of us see the value of providing (at a lower cost per person than the U.S) health care for all--regardless of income.

Canadians don't "live off someone else." Throughout our lives, we contribute to the costs of our medical care through taxes (gasp), so no one goes without. Most of us here (where we have a high approval rate for our health care), have no problems contributing to universal health care, as all of us will use it at one point. It is not just liberals who are satisfied with our system, either.

It is quality care and wait times could be better but there is none for emergency situations (eg. my father had a brain tumor--excellent and expedient care from the time of his diagnosis to his death--and thank goodness we didn't have to worry about paying a cent for his medical care at this distressing time).

Just b/c you are a republican doesn't mean you should automatically discount the experiences and data of every other industralized country whose health care systems are FAR more cost efficient, serve ALL their citizens, and do not drive people to financial ruin.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by jumper506 View Post
Sorry but hearing you don't intend on paying your bills is a shame.I guess my blue cross will go up again. Thanks,maybe I should not pay what I owe either.
Thanks for this response. I guess the funny part is I don't care that your Blue Cross will go up. I intend on filing bankruptcy which is the legal and moral thing to do. The way some of the hospitals treated me, I wouldn't pay the debts if I won the mega lottery.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Thanks for this response. I guess the funny part is I don't care that your Blue Cross will go up. I intend on filing bankruptcy which is the legal and moral thing to do. The way some of the hospitals treated me, I wouldn't pay the debts if I won the mega lottery.
The MORAL thing to do??
Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Ginzo45 View Post
The MORAL thing to do??
What exactly am I suppose to feel? I wasn't always a bum who lived off society. No one ever gave me sympathy so I have little sympathy for others. Especially folks with grade A insurance like Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I plan on suing the bill collection agency for making physical threats. They will not only free me from the debt but I will get "pain and suffering compensation" as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What exactly am I suppose to feel? I wasn't always a bum who lived off society. No one ever gave me sympathy so I have little sympathy for others. Especially folks with grade A insurance like Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I plan on suing the bill collection agency for making physical threats. They will not only free me from the debt but I will get "pain and suffering compensation" as well.
Well that sounds like a hell of a plan! Let me tell you something Justfor1, no one has ever given me any sympathy either. We all put ourselves in the current situations we are in....drunk or sober. It is your responsibility as an adult to get off your a** and take responsibility for yourself, and stop blaming everyone around you.

It seems like you've been given help numerous times, and you don't seem to be getting it. I'm probably going to get crucified for this post...but your attitude toward this whole situation struck a cord in me. I'm sure it did a lot of people on this board, but most will not say anything negative in fear of being kicked off the forum. I'm sorry, but I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

With all that being said...I do pray that you can someday get clean and sober, and realize your true potential. I'll stop ranting now.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I would also like $80,000 worth of free medical care in my most dire times and the ability to sue and get more free money. Where do I sign up? My dad always told me to make an honest living but... this sounds like it is easier. I gotta get your tips man!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

_
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok, against my better judgement I am going to reply again.
For jumper, your response made me laugh. I am a liberal democrat-seems we are more alike than we think.
Again, we can debate the health care system forever. I truly believe in universal health care and have no problem paying for it. If it ever comes to bear, my taxes will certainly go up. I feel everyone is entitled to affordable, quality healthcare regardless of their social status.
My objection was to the op's attitude. I stand by my objection. I feel no need to expound on it...further posts by the op do not change my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...opinions are like a**h***s, everyone's got one. To each their own.
Now, I'm going to get back to the reason that I am here on SR...sobriety.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

...and we're done.

There's a lot of good advice scattered amongst this thread J41 - more than enough I think to help you move forward...

best of luck with whatever you decide.

D