Notices

da Brain

Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

da Brain

"In the fall of 2011, emerging science revealed that the human brain is not fully developed until age 25. This is huge news, because it means young "adults" are not as capable of making sound decisions as previously perceived, not because of a lack of emotional maturity or sense of responsibility or even an unwillingness to act appropriately, but as a result of an incomplete brain structure. It means that anyone under the age of 25 should be considered an adolescent.."

(from ***** article)

Anyways, I think they should increase the legal drinking age to 25 now that they have science to back it up..it might have saved me from a 30 year drinking career. Or not.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i got into recovey in 05 and heard that. i think ***** is a little slow.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

These sorts of things scare me. I'm 24 and since I've been 17 I've had enough alcohol to last a lifetime, taken a vast amount of drugs, and smoked too many cigarettes. It makes me realise that my brain isn't yet fully developed and I've damaged it before it's even got to its full potential. But oh well, I can't change it. But at least through staying sober (according to this source) I will have been sober my entire 'adult' life!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Muunray View Post
"In the fall of 2011, emerging science revealed that the human brain is not fully developed until age 25. This is huge news, because it means young "adults" are not as capable of making sound decisions as previously perceived, not because of a lack of emotional maturity or sense of responsibility or even an unwillingness to act appropriately, but as a result of an incomplete brain structure. It means that anyone under the age of 25 should be considered an adolescent.."
So they interviewed my kids?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im starting a thread on this one , brain vs Mind .
Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Drinking during adolescence affects the mylenation of the frontal lobe. this is basically the fine tuning of the adult brain and rational thinking. Drinking excessive amount of alcohol during this period causes calcification (hardening) of the fatty sheath which coats the neurons and makes the electrical pulses move quickly. Essentially drinking during adolescence has the potential to do serious long term damage...
Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by retroflame View Post
Drinking during adolescence affects the mylenation of the frontal lobe. this is basically the fine tuning of the adult brain and rational thinking. Drinking excessive amount of alcohol during this period causes calcification (hardening) of the fatty sheath which coats the neurons and makes the electrical pulses move quickly. Essentially drinking during adolescence has the potential to do serious long term damage...
Where did you find the scientific evidence for this ? and if its fact not theory does it reverse itself ?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dont forget ref links all you science junkies !!