Notices

need to do it for my children

Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

need to do it for my children

But ive said this to many times before, but this time I really need to. Give up drinking before something serious happens to me and my health. I. Cant keep doin this to myself even my liver and kidneys are feeling it coz atm they are really sore..

I need serious help
Old 07-14-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back dawnie...come on we can do this.....
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hi Dawnie, so glad you are still here. Prayin for ya.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Dawnie

Don't forget to do it for yourself first and foremost
What are you doing in terms of making changes and looking for help and support?

D
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

how bout doin it for yourself? from personal experience, until i stopped drinking and put in the footwork to change me for me, i just didnt stop drinking.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Welcome back dawnie...come on we can do this.....
Thanx stevie im hopin I can do this
Old 07-14-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Hi Dawnie, so glad you are still here. Prayin for ya.
Thanx. Michael ill be here for a long time yet
Old 07-14-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Dawnie

Don't forget to do it for yourself first and foremost
What are you doing in terms of making changes and looking for help and support?

D
I am doin to for myself too I hate feeling like this and hate worrying too Ive tried looking for aa meetings near me and I think ive found one but not sure Were abouts this place is were its based I will have to have look on google maps
Old 07-14-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
how bout doin it for yourself? from personal experience, until i stopped drinking and put in the footwork to change me for me, i just didnt stop drinking.
I am doin it for me too. Ive tried to many times before to stop drink but its jus to hard the slightest things set me off
Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome back dawnie,have you called the AA helpline?

Manchester no. 0161 839 2881,manned 11.00-23.00 daily.

North West Lancashire and Cumbria 01253 792 632 manned 08.00-23.00 daily.

Wish you well.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Need to do it for you my friend! I know you will. This site is great support!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Dawnie, you've got a lot of people here rooting for you. But, it's up to you to reach out and get the help you need. Life is so much better sober
Old 07-14-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

is great that you are open to AA. It works. I have 2 children also, and I use to do it for them, now I do it for myself.

They get the benefits!!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nice to see you here Dawnie. Let's head back into sobriety full tilt, I'm right there with you.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm in same place Dawn, I wish you well
Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Dawn this is months in and you're still saying you can't figure out where the AA meetings are? I just don't buy it love. Honesty first.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dawnie, sounds like you need to visit your doc asap. I wouldn't mess with liver and kidney pain. Get sober TO LIVE, so your kids have a mother that's alive and well. No more excuses.

1st step is acceptance. You are powerless over alcohol therefore you can NEVER drink again. It's up to you. I know it sounds scary but you know what, as mother and alcoholic, I used to feel scared, helpless, hopeless, thought I'd die by the bottle. Had liver pain, stomach pain, hangovers that felt like death, fatty liver..and now, after one last night of drinking and the 1000th hangover, I finally realized it was over, I could no longer poison myself..I was dying. So that was it and I haven't looked back and I don't count days but I've been sober for a long time. I don't miss it, I live guilt free, I live with hope. Sure there are MOMENTS where I'm having a rough day and I think, hmm a glass of wine would be nice, but then immediately I think of all the hell that follows that glass and I again accept my reality. I'm an alcoholic and it's o.k. I deal with life on life's terms. I can't run or escape my problems anymore and well what's the escape anyways? a few hours at best! and life is even more fun and interesting and why? because I completely sober and awake in experiencing it.

I'm telling you, there is nothing more gratifying than being sober. After being where I've been it's almost like being a kid again in a world of discovery, except for me it's normal simple things. Like waking up on Sunday at my trailer sober and feeling well while drinking my coffee, well enough to cook my family our big Sunday breakfast feast :P Or my gardening or bike riding with my kids but most of all the ability to engage with my children on a daily basis and not having that heavy cloud of guilt looming over my head, or complaining of feeling sick and "be careful hugging mom, my side is sore" man, that is a road I no longer venture down and I am soooo thankful!! it is the greatest gift of all to be free of those chains!

anyways you get the picture I hope and I'm sorry for the novel but after seeing your posts now for years isn't it? I wanted to tell you a bit about myself.

You're alive today, your life is a blessing (no matter what) so treat it that way. Do it for yourself, your kids will benefit too.

Sarah
Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Alcoholics Anonymous was/is the answer to my problem.

Good luck with your chosen program of recovery.

Bob R
Old 07-14-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

well darn it, I went over my time limit in editing..I wanted to say that I know how you feel, I used to feel helpless too but you don't have to go on living this way and I'm living proof. Over the years in trying to get sober, I attended AA, Celebrate Recovery, Church, read some of the Big Book, the Bible, spoke with recovered alcoholics and at the end of the day it all came down to the 1st step. I was in denial for so long, even when I thought I wasn't..but then it just took one last damn hangover and I just knew deep down I was dying, I felt it.. and you know what? I'm too young to die! and so are you! We are mothers, how sacred this gift we share. What we do now, affects generations to come..it's time to step up and own your life, you don't have to let the bottle own you any longer..o.k? Find that meeting and go. Just do it. I promise you, you won't regret it and perhaps you'll learn something, even if it's just knowing you're not alone. You should be willing to try anything, in order to save everything..your life.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
AA member

Dawnie,take a look at the AA Great Britain website,go to the unity section of the members area.Manchester intergroup have all the meetings listed,approximately 30 per day.