Notices

need to do it for my children

Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hi dawnie

I'm back on day13 again. there is a lot of help andsupport in the newcomers threads too. maybe join the july class-we all support each other and going through it together.x
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

how are you feelingtoday dawnie? how are you getting on not drinking?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You can do it, Dawnie. Your kids need you, and YOU need to be sober and healthy!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Dawnie! You can do this. Those little kids need you! Their mother!! My dad was an alcoholic and I didn't know him until he was in his 50's. Get yourself sober for them. It will be the best decision you ever make!!! ((((hugs)))))
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Manchester is a big city and there are lots and lots of AA venues and meetings.

You have been saying the same thing over and over again for a long time but you never seem to get any further.

I am not trying to be hard or unhelpfull, I am just being honest and hoping that you will actually do something this time.

Plenty of meetings in your area, just DO it this time.....no excuses.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
Welcome back dawnie,have you called the AA helpline?

Manchester no. 0161 839 2881,manned 11.00-23.00 daily.

North West Lancashire and Cumbria 01253 792 632 manned 08.00-23.00 daily.

Wish you well.
Thanx I will ring the manchester one
Old 07-16-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
Need to do it for you my friend! I know you will. This site is great support!

This is the most supportive site I have been on
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Dawnie, you've got a lot of people here rooting for you. But, it's up to you to reach out and get the help you need. Life is so much better sober
I try so hard hen I jus crash n burn again I know lifes much better sober but its just maintaining it without messing up as usual
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
Thanx I will ring the manchester one
Attagirl! You really can do this, Dawnie. You and your family are in being held in my prayers.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by soberbrooke View Post
is great that you are open to AA. It works. I have 2 children also, and I use to do it for them, now I do it for myself.

They get the benefits!!
Im scared. Itll impact on the kids n I dont want no harm coming to them
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Sudz No More View Post
Nice to see you here Dawnie. Let's head back into sobriety full tilt, I'm right there with you.
Thanx sudz
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

great to see you moving along Dawnie, so am I. Let's keep going.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by seanie1888 View Post
I'm in same place Dawn, I wish you well
Its so hard arent it
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by SSIL75 View Post
Dawn this is months in and you're still saying you can't figure out where the AA meetings are? I just don't buy it love. Honesty first.
I havent lived where I live that long so still. Figuring out where places are and then its when im free coz of my children and with being 6 week holidays its gonna make it that much difficult... I know were one aa meetings based but its to far for me to travel esp when I dont drive,
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by thelastgoodbye View Post
Dawnie, sounds like you need to visit your doc asap. I wouldn't mess with liver and kidney pain. Get sober TO LIVE, so your kids have a mother that's alive and well. No more excuses.

1st step is acceptance. You are powerless over alcohol therefore you can NEVER drink again. It's up to you. I know it sounds scary but you know what, as mother and alcoholic, I used to feel scared, helpless, hopeless, thought I'd die by the bottle. Had liver pain, stomach pain, hangovers that felt like death, fatty liver..and now, after one last night of drinking and the 1000th hangover, I finally realized it was over, I could no longer poison myself..I was dying. So that was it and I haven't looked back and I don't count days but I've been sober for a long time. I don't miss it, I live guilt free, I live with hope. Sure there are MOMENTS where I'm having a rough day and I think, hmm a glass of wine would be nice, but then immediately I think of all the hell that follows that glass and I again accept my reality. I'm an alcoholic and it's o.k. I deal with life on life's terms. I can't run or escape my problems anymore and well what's the escape anyways? a few hours at best! and life is even more fun and interesting and why? because I completely sober and awake in experiencing it.

I'm telling you, there is nothing more gratifying than being sober. After being where I've been it's almost like being a kid again in a world of discovery, except for me it's normal simple things. Like waking up on Sunday at my trailer sober and feeling well while drinking my coffee, well enough to cook my family our big Sunday breakfast feast :P Or my gardening or bike riding with my kids but most of all the ability to engage with my children on a daily basis and not having that heavy cloud of guilt looming over my head, or complaining of feeling sick and "be careful hugging mom, my side is sore" man, that is a road I no longer venture down and I am soooo thankful!! it is the greatest gift of all to be free of those chains!

anyways you get the picture I hope and I'm sorry for the novel but after seeing your posts now for years isn't it? I wanted to tell you a bit about myself.

You're alive today, your life is a blessing (no matter what) so treat it that way. Do it for yourself, your kids will benefit too.

Sarah
Thanx sarah, I hate hangovers coz they fetch strong anxiety attacks and I cant cope and its not fair on the kids or my partner either...
When I dont have a drink I think wow im doin brilliant then all of a sudden I have a drink then I feel guilty all over again.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
I havent lived where I live that long so still. Figuring out where places are and then its when im free coz of my children and with being 6 week holidays its gonna make it that much difficult... I know were one aa meetings based but its to far for me to travel esp when I dont drive,
The most important thing is not drinking and you are doing that.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Alcoholics Anonymous was/is the answer to my problem.

Good luck with your chosen program of recovery.

Bob R
Isnt there like a line to ring anonymous to speak to professionals for help?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by thelastgoodbye View Post
well darn it, I went over my time limit in editing..I wanted to say that I know how you feel, I used to feel helpless too but you don't have to go on living this way and I'm living proof. Over the years in trying to get sober, I attended AA, Celebrate Recovery, Church, read some of the Big Book, the Bible, spoke with recovered alcoholics and at the end of the day it all came down to the 1st step. I was in denial for so long, even when I thought I wasn't..but then it just took one last damn hangover and I just knew deep down I was dying, I felt it.. and you know what? I'm too young to die! and so are you! We are mothers, how sacred this gift we share. What we do now, affects generations to come..it's time to step up and own your life, you don't have to let the bottle own you any longer..o.k? Find that meeting and go. Just do it. I promise you, you won't regret it and perhaps you'll learn something, even if it's just knowing you're not alone. You should be willing to try anything, in order to save everything..your life.
I wanna live my life, I dont wanna die my children need their mother, they are my world. But its true though arent it ome day I will die if I varry on. Where im going
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
AA member

Ring the helpline tomorrow dawnie,they will put you in contact with a lady in your area.

In my area we would arrange for someone to take you to your first meeting or meet you outside.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
hi dawnie

I'm back on day13 again. there is a lot of help andsupport in the newcomers threads too. maybe join the july class-we all support each other and going through it together.x
Well done for getting to day 14 again we all need to support eachother