Notices

Rehab - Round 2

Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab - Round 2

A few weeks back I suggested to my A that he think about going back into rehab..... he wasn't totally against the idea but wasn't ready to pack his bag either!

He went to rehab the first time in May 2011 and was sober for 6 months but sadly relapsed. His drinking is not more frequent but it is heavier and he certainly gets sicker than ever before. Very frightening!

Today he made the decision to go back into rehab, it is expensive, we are still,paying the for the first treatment but what is money compared to life.

He does not want to go but accepts it is what he needs. he say's he is too far gone for out patient treatment, that he needs rehab.

He says he wants no contact while there so that he is not distracted. I respect his wishes.

The power of this illness scares me... he didn't want to be back in this position but it shows no mercy!

Please can you wish him all the luck in the world!

I hope and prey round two is more effective - Does anyone know whether it is??

Fingers crossed!

PS Thank you all for the support you have given me. Just hearing your success stories keeps that glimmer of hope still burning....
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I quit drinking many dozens of times. The key for me was a safe detox and something to replace the drinking. It needed to be something that was a part of my life each and every day. AA provided a bumpy road into eventual sobriety. Even with that, it took some time. Best wishes to you both.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I truly hope it helps him this time. I do know that he won't stop until HE wants to quit drinking more then he wants to drink. It is a horrible place for both of you and I wish you all the best.