Notices

update on my journey

Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

update on my journey

Well, I think I am coming up on 4 weeks sober. I am feeling well. I have been to 3 meetings so far. I was tempted on the 4th—my friends were trippin’ on cid—but I needed a clear head. This is the longest I have been without beer in years--- I am feeling good about myself. I have some cid that I am saving, but I am not going to do any drugs for now. I am steadfast, and determined. Guys—I cannot tell you how much better I feel—I didn’t think I could do it, but here I am !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t believe it. I guess I was so sick of the BS. I can get up now without the hangover, and without wondering what stupid things I did the night before----I am happier. It is not that I do not think about drinking a lot—I just remember the horrid stuff that happened when I was drunk—and I never want to go through that again. I am very happy today.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations You sound like you're in a good place. Glad you're happy.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you-- it is so hard to express how much better I feel. I used to wake up-- or lay in bed all day-- full of nerves- dead to the world- Drinking to just calm the nerves. I think it was just because I had to dull the pain of the BS from the night before.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like I have come out form this horrid fog-
Old 07-06-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first week and a half- I could not even leave the house- The second week, I was crying a lot, the 3rd week I went to my first meeting- the 4th week-- I feel so much better-- like some hazzy fog is lifting, and there is actually hope. It is like I remember who I was before all that booze-- if that makes sense
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I needed 90 meetings my first 90 days, good luck to you! I didn't have any answers, and I couldn't have done it without the people in AA.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am going to AA-- well only 3 meetings thus far. Sober-- It is just that I have done so many bad things while drunk that I cannot take it anymore.. When I drink one, I drink more and more... I want to like myself again.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am coming up on 30 years old-- too much time wasted being stupid and drunk
Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep going to meetings...Meet some sober people...Give the cid to one of your friends...You don't need it...You sound like you are tripping on just being you...Keep at it!....Congrats on a month MC....I'm proud of you!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sapling-- lol-- it will be hard to give away my cid-- It is hard to come by these days. You know this was my first 4th of July sober in years.Can I at least save the cid for maybe next year-- put it in the freezer? Good thing is that I am making a couple friends in AA i think. Those people are really cool. I never thought I would be one to go to AA, but here I am. I know what you mean though, Sap--- I am in danger of doing other drugs other then beer, but i know it is not good.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
I never thought I would be one to go to AA, but here I am.
I never thought I would either...But just going a year without a drink or drug was totally beyond my grasp also. I like what I'm getting...I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing.