Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Our sinz....what are they and how do we pay back?

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In love with life.

"You must pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please ignore this notice" (Sam Levenson).

I dont know if I can ignore all the guilt, shame, and absolute distraught and distruction that I've caused to my family, friends, lovers and the innocent people I've hurled abuse to. I am the cause of the other ones suffering, how can I possibly ignore that? How do you recovering alkies like me, humble, weak to the bone, just hoping that it will all make sense one day, actually cope? I'm desperate to hear.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Staying sober and working the program, like the oldtimers.

Have you read AA's "The Promises"? .....

The Promises, that are read in many A.A. Meetings can be found on page 83-84, of the Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous.
THE A.A. PROMISES

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

All the best.

Bob R

BB Quote.First Edition

Last edited by CarolD; 07-02-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added mandatory SR Copy Write Guideline
Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That really is a whole lot of what the 12 steps is about. If you haven't already, check out AA... there is a solution.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In love with life.

I surrender.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Check it out, it's not what you think.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In love with life.

I'm dragging this up because it made me think.

Maybe it's time for me to really think. without preaching, read what you want, and believe what you read, but most of all *believe* in yourself.