Notices

My Experience In Full Blown Delirium Tremens

Old 11-30-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Definitely not something to be fooled around with. I remember being in the hospital and thinking I felt perfectly fine, ready to go home. Seeing demons trying to come in through the light fixtures and sliding along the walls was just a curiosity. Ripping needles out of my arms was just something I had to do in order to leave. They weren't going to hold me when I was obviously better!

I finally left one week later, after being strapped to a bed and held 3 extra days because my liver enzymes were so high. I wasn't seeing demons anymore, so I guess sometimes the doctor knows best.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem Anthony
Like the others here, I recommend you see someone and get checked out.

Better to be safe than sorry, right?

D
Old 11-30-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Powerful, Powerful Thread. i sure dont miss waking up screaming from the terrifying nightmares id have in withdrawal from month long booze binges. i could only sleep for maybe 20 min, on and off. I woulda drank more to end the withdrawal suffering..but my boyfriend dumped my bottle down drain. i always had nightmares i was being chased by something half human, who was going to kill me. It was worse than any horror movie ive ever seen. Then id wake up screaming in a sweat, and see grotesque half human half animals peering in my face. omg what a nightmare. Im scared of Wet Brain, what a member mentioned. Im sober now and i havent drank hard liquor for 3 yrs now. i used to drink gallons of it on my binges. Thanks Everyone for your posts on this thread. all i could say to myself was, Wow...See what alcohol can do. Its no joke, and the crap is not all fun & games either. I Do Not miss being very ill from alcohol.