Notices

Continuing with a new perspective

Old 06-24-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Continuing with a new perspective

Hello again everyone, I have resumed my quest for sobriety under my original username. I briefly changed it to "Tornbetweendays" thinking it would give me a fresh start but it instead made me feel like a coward unable to face the truth.

Thank you to the Mods for their support in restoration.

I am taking a new approach this time out, no more second guessing or leaving openings for myself to fail. I know a few people at work who have had their own demons and I plan to seek them out for conversations to be with like minded people.

It feels good to be several days sober again but I just can't afford to fail anymore. I have to keep the mind set that from now "doing" is the only option. No more "trying". It has always failed me when I tried. I just have to get busy doing it this time and be happy and stop giving myself excuses when I think it is ok to drink.

It will never be ok for me to drink, I know this and I must stick to it this time.

Thank you to everybody here for their support over the last two and a half years. I am still here and not giving up.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I want to applaud your honesty in going back to your original user name. Accepting who we were, and are, is essential to recovery IMO. Dealing with the way things are, and acceptance of that reality, turned out to be a cornerstone of my recovery. I think it’s a firm foundation on which to build. At least it turned out to be that way for me. I wish you well.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are going to have to do more than just post on an internet forum if you want sobriety.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
High on Life

I haven't seen you around in a while, so I thought you were happy and sober. PM me if you want to chat. You can do this.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Once I decided to never drink again, it was the weight of the world off of my shoulders. It is so wonderful not to have that internal debate. Good for you! Sobriety rocks!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I so hope this will be your time for lasting sobreity...

Welcome back...