Notices

oxy and alcohol - friend that drinks etc...

Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

oxy and alcohol - friend that drinks etc...

I was thinking today about one of my good friends used to be an oxy shooter. He was sort of forced to quit after his family kicked him out, he lost his job, flunked out of college, and spent all his student loan money on oxy. He did try the methadone clinic, but couldn’t pay for that as well. Anyhow, I am so glad he is off the oxy, but he drinks a sh*t ton of hard liquor everyday now. It made me think that booze can almost be worse than oxy, because he can get booze so easy- steals, friends buy it, does odd jobs for a few bucks etc… I think it takes more time to get totally dependent on booze then H or Oxy, but—I don’t know, I was just thinkin’ about it.

When I am broke I can get an 18 pack of Busch for like 9.99 and I don’t have to get a drug dealer hook-up to do it.

I always thought he was so much worse than alcoholics, but now I wonder.

I am not making a comparison for any particular reason; just something I was thinking about.

On a side note, I am not going to hang with him for a bit, because we always drink
Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I hope he will soon quit drinking...it's sad to watch friends slide
downhill and Yes some die from addictions.

I too had to let go of drinking friends...I found it hurt my heart too much
No matter what I tried...they were not interested in quitting..

Prayers going out to both of you...
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Sounds like he has replaced one addiction with another. It took me only a month or so to get addicted to Vicodin when I was in college ... took me much longer to become a full blown alcoholic. At least he isn't doing the two together ... that combo landed me in the hospital on psych watch for 3 days after an overdose ...

You are wise to stay away from him while you're working on your sobriety. Good for you. I hope your friend gets the help he needs.