Notices

Ugh, Day One Blues.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh, Day One Blues.

Hey all.. I've been reading posts on here for a couple days, learned a lot, and its already helped to encourage me. You all are amazing people, what you do here is a blessing to many..

So technically Friday was supposed to be my last night on the booze, and it was a rough one. Ended up out all night, til 5am, woke up at noon and spent the day praying to porcelain. Than like a real idiot, I had like 5 more drinks last night before I went to sleep.. All was good until about 2 hours into sleeping, I wake up covered in sweat, probably with a fever, cause I spent most of the night in this foggy mind state between sleep and being awake.. Scared the hell out of me.. I was able to get about 4 hours in, but came in random 10-30 minute intervals... Never had this happen to me before, and never want it to happen again.. For the most part i was a social drinker, but I often work til around midnight so I enjoyed just killing a sixer everynight on the couch alone.. Dont know why I'm telling you all this, just was good to keep my mind off the shaking, sweating and nausea I've been dealing with all morning.. Im scared, alcohol becomes destructive so quickly, I miss living ya know.. Well enough rambling, thanks to anyone who read this tale, its good to know there such a strong community of people looking to help each other.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and well done on day one. It will get easier over time, honestly. Stay strong and all the benefits of sobriety will come to you. Do you think you need to go to a doctor to check you over and see if you can get some help with detox?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR ninernation...Just be careful with detoxing...I don't know what you're drinking history is but it's a good idea to discuss with a doctor what you are doing...And being totally honest with them. This can be dangerous...cutting something off you've been feeding your system for a long time. I just like to see people do things safely. Glad you are here.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! I agree with getting checked out by a dr. Some people can detox on their own with "just" feeling lousy, other's can have some serious health issues.

When I first found SR I read a lot of other posts and found out I was not alone and neither are you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Glad you are here!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ive always had an up and down relationship with booze, there have been times in the last year where I was able to sober up on my own for a couple weeks.. But I was never in this deep before. My work offers paid time to enroll in a program for addiction struggles, I'm heavily considering it. Just that whole swallowing my pride thing that I make hard for myself..
Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

If you have not yet read this...please do so

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Welcome to our recovery community...
Glad you decided to join us ..many here are winning over alcohol...