Notices

Here we go again...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again...

Well guys. I managed to stay sober this time for 3½ months, then i had a relapse for 2 weeks with about 20 beers per day. Then i realised where it was all heading again so i stoped cold turkey and of course the withdrawal started again...

Im so weak and shaky now that i just want to be in bed all the time and do nothing.
Well here we go again...
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you started drinking again but I'm glad you're back here, TheRandomPotato
Please don't hesitate to see a Dr if you're concerned about your health.

whats your plan this time?
D
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I was wondering about the plan also. I hope you pick one with a track record and not "see how it goes". Seems you had some health problems before so a trip to the doc seems in order also to play it safe. I'd recommend an AA meeting. Ever been to one?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In love with life.

I know how it feels to have to 'start all over again'. As much as the withdrawals and depression suck right now, try and remember how you felt after a few days, weeks and months of sobriety. Hopefully it will help you get over this set back. What gets me is the fact that each time we relapse we expect different results, but with each time around it only gets worse. Hold your head up high and get back to where you want to be
Old 06-10-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Good to see you back.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you are okay.

Just try again!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 2 sober... i'm not digging this at all right now man... i feel dead and heavy depression. Noticed that my withdrawal is 50 times worse when smoking. Ive been a smoker also for 20 years. Started when i was 12 - 13. I should quit that as well, since it might be the root of the problem. I also noticed when i went sober the first time i couldnt drink more than 1 mug of coffee or i would go jittery and spasm crazy, then as time went on i could drink 5 mugs without any problem. Now ive had 3 green cups of tea and im really spastic and jittery and the sakes are back as well. Well one day at a time.

Thank you all for replying it helps.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please don't hesitate to have a talk with a doctor about
how best to de tox this time.

Drink water to help the toxins leave your body.
Hard candy helped me with the shakes.

Please check out this link...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Welcome back...

Last edited by CarolD; 06-11-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Take care of yourself, RandomPotato!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm right there with ya, Random! It will get better. I know this from doing it so many times.... the good news is, we never have to do Day 1 and Day 2 again if we don't drink anymore. That's what keeps me going right now.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I've been in your current situation many, many times. It's horrible. Imprint the feelings you are having now into your memory. Next time you feel like a drink, remember how it feels!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm unfortunately in the same boat after a 3 week relapse that was very ugly. I'm right at 48 hours and my withdrawals are pretty brutal but I think I've weathered the worst of it. I noticed the same thing about coffee. It was absolute murder on my nervous system and would give me anxiety. I've decided to go without coffee this time around because I think it definitely played a role in my relapse. I'm also quiting smoking at the same time.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm off the booze since June04. Had another gout attack after a binge. AGAIN!
That was it for me, no more

I asked the doctor to prescribe Zyban also to help me stop smoking. It's awsome! I feel super calm and only a general feeling of emptyness far less then my previous attempts at stopping. Zyban is an anti-depressant, you cannot drink while taking it and it helps with stopping smoking. Perfect solution to clean up. For me a least ;-)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

there with you

i want to isolate myself and never show my face again...not an option! instead I found support for the first time. its ridiculous that something a seemingly simple as "not drinking", truly is a 24/7 burden...i hope for all of us that it becomes easier, but I feel that it won't...oh well! what other options do we have? Best of luck!