Notices

numbness in leg after 4 day binge

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

numbness in leg after 4 day binge

Hi, im recently coming off a 4 day binge and have been sober almost 48 hours now...Ive been drinking fairly regularly for about 8 years and am 25 years old now....usually i just drink about 1-2 days a week and usually get really drunk but never multiple day binges...yesterday at some point I started having a really odd numbness/tension in my right leg right above the knee to about the middle of my thigh...it doesnt hurt that much or anything but its making me worry alot...after doing some reading and stuff I am starting to think it is a symptom of anxiety but I just want to see what others think....after this 4 day binge..i know its time to get some help...thank you
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Lizzy)) - Not sure about the numbness, but do think a visit to a dr. is in order. Alcohol withdrawal can be really dangerous and it's always a good idea to get checked out.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My legs started going into cramps the next day after drinking a bottle of absinthe, was very scary and painful. I didn't go to the doctor and the next day it was over, but thinking back I should have.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LDT

I had numbness in my feet ( specifically my toes ) after heavy drinking episodes.....felt like rubber bands were cutting off my circulation. Scary. But since I quit drinking, I don't have that any longer.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Lizzy25 View Post
...I just want to see what others think....after this 4 day binge..i know its time to get some help...thank you
I agree. I think it's time to quit drinking before your health issues become serious. If you continue to drink, your health will deteriorate.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes that's the problem with the alcohol, it keeps increasing. Hugs.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had the same problem. Alcohol really ****ed up our central nervous systems. 32 days off booze today and it is not a problem at all anymore. Not in the slightest.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also had swelling and discomfort in my feet after drinking. If it's alarming you I think you need to see a doctor.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please see a Dr, Lizzie - let us know how you get on

D
Old 06-07-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor but I had the same thing happen to me except only in my feet. my feet would go numb and also cramp up where it was basically so painful I'd be screaming in agony... luckily most of the time room mates were all at work and I was the only one in the house. As everyone says go see a doctor, it is known to affect our bodies one way or the other by the way we consume, it is known to affect the actual flow of our blood through out our body. I did the same as you, I binged for a night and that was it, but I'd have so much to drink it wasn't funny. They way I drank you could have given 20+ people each drink that I drank alone. Go see the doctor right away, you may need blood work etc which is common for someone coming off of alcohol. And I know how you feel, I started AA myself when I was your age but never took it seriously until now at the age of 27, knew it was time to grow and really live a life sober, hope you get help and try to live a happy longer life like myself, so many older gentlemen come up to me and say how lucky I am to have come to the programme now rather then later in life, it means I'm avoiding all the life problems I'd be going through later on, better now then later when so much health complications can occur when your body can no longer tolerate booze. I heard a sad story once that guy who didn't go to AA but stayed sober on his own would drink over and over and his body just wasn't cut out for it anymore, each time he got more and more sick and the doctor told him if he drank again... chances are he would die. So he took it to heart and stopped for a long time until one day he decided he deserved to drink a bit again after convincing his wife to allow him she agreed he may go out and buy some booze. He did happily, happily came back, cracked open some liquor made a drink.... drank it.... died that night. his liver had enough where that one drink DID kill him.

SO we are very lucky to quit in time before its too late. Good luck! We young people need to stay sober and really enjoy life while we're young
Old 06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....a doctor is the best idea....and be honest about your drinking.

Alcohol damages so many things....true for all who drink it.
In your favor...you are young and aware there is a problem..
Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

32 days for you! Yea! Keep going friend.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Whole right side of my body would feel that way after a binge. It's gone since I stopped drinking. Please see a doc ... could be anything.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Time to go see a doctor.
I used to have numbness in my toes and feet when I was drinking. It was very bothersome and my doctor said it was alcoholic neuropathy. Not sure about any of that. What I do know is that since I have stopped drinking, I haven't had any problems with numbness
Old 06-07-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think im gonna see a doctor tomorrow...i think it is anxiety though but i want to be sure...when i lay down and focus on deep breathes it seems to go away for awhile but then comes back when i start thinking too much again..my skin is a normal color but seems to have almost a cold touch in the numb areas...not cold but a little cool...better safe that sorry to get it checked out
Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Have you heard of alcoholic neuropathy?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Lizzy25 View Post
I think im gonna see a doctor tomorrow...i think it is anxiety though but i want to be sure...when i lay down and focus on deep breathes it seems to go away for awhile but then comes back when i start thinking too much again..my skin is a normal color but seems to have almost a cold touch in the numb areas...not cold but a little cool...better safe that sorry to get it checked out
Good idea....none of us knows what it might or might not be.

Heck...we are lucky if we know what we have..much less guessing at anyone elses symptoms/conditions or diseases.

Hope you will soon begin a healthier sober future....