Notices

Getting there

Old 06-05-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting there

Today is 1 week without alcohol. I realize that isnt a lot of sober time but I feel great. I fought it big time the first few times i got sober. This time Im not just "going to try" Im doing it and everyday I feel more accomplished.

My lunchtime AA meeting yesterday hit home. Its crazy how God puts people in your path and you hear what is needed at the time.

Only downfall.....Ive gained 5 lbs. Geez...

Have a tremendous Tuesday!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One week is HUGE! That IS when you start feeling better. The first. 3-4 days suck.

I am glad you are sober!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing your really good news
Someone here needs to hear of your progress..awesome
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

great stuff. Overall you will be healthier once your body settles down.

Keep up the good work
Old 06-05-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keep goin back! it works if ya work it so work it yer worth it!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi,

I'm on day 11, I think it's just tough getting our heads round the fact that we won't feel that alcohol buzz ever again....

mind over matter....

Well done on 7 days!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

For me minutes turned into hours hours turned into days days into weeks weeks into months and so on. It gets easier. I'm at a funny point where i have times i'd like to have a drink but i'm terrified to ever go back to that again. I'll admit at first it was like loosing your best friend lots of times I'd say gee now what will i do this evening? I drank tea read lots of books anything to keep my mind busy one something other then the elephant in the room. If you got through yesturday you can get through today if you can get through today you can get through tommorrow. Thats the only focus that worked for me sure now I can look back and go WOW i made it a long way. and that thought of "oh gosh the thought of never having another drink !!" doesnt phase me anymore. To some degree its depressing i cant just be a fun social drinker. But thats a reality one must face some people can eat wtvr and never get fat others can smoke till there 90 and never get cancer some can drink recreational now and then and never have issues. But others have to watch there actions and pay attention. Congrats!!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

One more thing i'm finding often the simple solution that we all know is the right one we have a tendancy to overcomplicate thing. For example you want to be thing eat right and exercise. you dont like what drinkings doing to you and your body dont drink. I read a book about quiting smoking By i believe alan carr i think it was. His point was simple its easier to not smoke then to smoke. Its easier to not drink then do drink. Inaction is way easier then action. But yest the min we make excuses or overcomplicated it the battle begins keeping it simple can help.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! I really missed this forum (more than AA sadly)