Notices

view

Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

view

Hi All,

I wanted to update everyone. Still battling. However, sitting on the fence and finally starting to see the view on the other side. Like many said, the idea of wanting to be sober is beginning to become stronger than wanting to be drunk.

Wonder
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good, Wonder. I'm in a similar place, trying to get that moment of clarity when the sober path opens up and seems completely obvious.

I hope we both get there right away.

peace, best wishes --
Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you sit on a fence you will need some balance.
Otherwise you will fall off.
Hope you find it....
Old 06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 06-05-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sam, Penny, and Srambled...Thank you.

I am still upon the fence. However, months ago I was just buried on the dark side. Now I can truly at least see the brighter side. I know it must frustrate others who have made the decision, but I am still in the process of fighting. Put it this way, I want very much to jump on the safer and more fulfilling side of sobriety. I am just scared to leave 15 years of familiarity. I should note, I am an extreme creature of habit. But scrambled, you are right, we are not free to choose the consequences. And Penny, my wife always says I need balance. good night all.

Wonder
Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope you will soon join us on the sobriety journey..
Recovery really rocks!

All my best to you and your family ..
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yea,old habits are hard to break. But I tell ya what. I sure won't miss all those beer can nests. I know they breed over night. I also won't miss waking up and getting that (oh my god) feeling. (Did i really send that email.). Keeping that 10 dollars in my pocket I used to spend on beer every day is nice also.
It's also nice to do 45 in a 35 and think if that cop wants to pull me over. LET HIM. Not to mention no longer being a flat out slave to (the buzz).
I was on the fence for 30 years,and I'm still not sure why I finally jumped off the fence. I pretty much knew I was an alcoholic all along. All I know is I wish I would have quit a long,long time ago.
Fred
Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, and to Carol,

I believe I am on the journey. Just imagine a mountain. You are on the top. I am simply a few miles behind. See you at the top.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Beautiful....wishing peace on your journey.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wonderfullife View Post
Sam, Penny, and Srambled...Thank you.

I am still upon the fence. However, months ago I was just buried on the dark side. Now I can truly at least see the brighter side. I know it must frustrate others who have made the decision, but I am still in the process of fighting. Put it this way, I want very much to jump on the safer and more fulfilling side of sobriety. I am just scared to leave 15 years of familiarity. I should note, I am an extreme creature of habit. But scrambled, you are right, we are not free to choose the consequences. And Penny, my wife always says I need balance. good night all.

Wonder
Please do not take this the wrong way. I am not frustrated by your lack of decision in anyway nor does it make a difference to me if you ever do.

Please do not dismiss the true nature of the people that are posting to your thread. They/we will not get frustrated by your decisions, nor do I post here to "convert" people to the "sober" side as you mention. I post here to relay my experiences in my decision to quit and how it has changed my life, which have been for the most part positive.

I too came here a few years ago sharing many of the same idea's and beliefs that you displayed above. I thought I could count on the encouragement I get from these forums when I needed it "dark place" and "stay on the fence" when things are going well. Did it for over a year, thinking I had it all figured out and had them fooled. The only person that I was fooling was myself, and in the end some tough responses from people here were instrumental in me making the commitment to change.

I wish you well and hope you find the peace you are looking for in your balance.

Good Luck,
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi BMW,

I don't think anyone wants to convert me (in a negative way). Hell, I want to convert myself to positive and long lasting sobriety. I embrace and cherish all that has been said. thanks for your support as well.

Wonder
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wonderfullife View Post
Hi BMW,

I don't think anyone wants to convert me (in a negative way). Hell, I want to convert myself to positive and long lasting sobriety. I embrace and cherish all that has been said. thanks for your support as well.

Wonder
You are welcome.