Notices

drinking days

Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

GA-I could have written your post. Granted- I'm only 5 days in (this time). I'm one of those people that nothing really bad has happened YET to.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulSpirit View Post
GA-I could have written your post. Granted- I'm only 5 days in (this time). I'm one of those people that nothing really bad has happened YET to.

I like how you put "this time" ---Ive gone to and left the dance tooooo many times. I was having those "maybe I can drink this weekend" thoughts...sucks. Today at AA a guy shared how he went back and forth for over 20 years. It was just what I needed to hear. I feel awkward somedays without a drink in hand. The fact that I feel so proud not to drink and the changes in my moods and family make it so worth it though.

WE CAN DO THIS !
Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I occasionally miss the excuse that I was drunk when I did something stupid... Now, I still do stupid stuff, but that's all me! haha. Otherwise, no, not at all. I don't miss the insanity. I miss the early days when I could control it, and when getting in trouble was a deterrent. Those are long gone, and the fun stopped years ago (I've been sober for 104 days, and I only drank for about 4 years). My fun drinking was rather shortlived.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't miss it, I did have alot of good times in the 20yrs of drinking. but eventually the bad out weighed the good, it has lead me to where I am today, with a feeling of peace and serenity. the empty hole I use to try and fill with alcohol is now full . don't get me wrong I have put alot of hard work into my recovery and it wasn't easy but it has payed off .