Notices

Tell me something that you can laugh at now..

Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I laugh at the fact that now I can simply laugh
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

Prior to quiting I recall feeling my habit was hopeless i had 0 control over it. I prayed that if iw as to quit somehow god would make that stuff so undesireable to me. cause i could see no other way i'd quit. I think the panic attacks where gods gift to me making it undesireable to drink. after i had quit a short while i prayed again. If i am to follow through with this if i am able to really give this up please heal me. The thought of going through the trouble of quiting only to get cirossis made quiting seem like a pointless thing to bother with to me.

There isnt much funny about the situation. But my favorite drinking story was the time I got so falling down drunk I puked my brother freaked out OMG your drunk again then i slipped fell on my butt in the puke and proceded to laugh hysterically in my drunken stuper.

I'm not sure if its funny but it sure was funny at the time. I had another simlier situation where i slept in it then craweled to bed only to be told by my wife you aint sleepen in this bed i slept on the floor that evening. It wasnt very funny.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I can laugh today. Real honest to goodness laughing. It's great for the soul! Sobriety is FUN!

Indeed it is. I went on my first sober joyride a couple weeks ago at 2 a.m. lmao. a bunch of us AA's were in the car just cruising around for somethin' fun to do and we got pulled over by a cop for being out at that hour. So he asks to see my friend's lisense and my friend is pulling out all these meeting lists and pamphlets, LOL! finally the cop is like "you know waht, nevermind, you folks have a good night"

we almost peed ourselves laughing. :P
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

I laugh when I recall that I thought my life would be boring when I quit drinking. Yep, there I was, afraid to leave my house at night, sitting in front of my computer, getting drunk alone until I passed out....and afraid that I wouldn't have any FUN when I quit doing that!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

There are lots of things I can laugh about now but couldn't then. Part of my recovery, I think, is being able to laugh at myself and stupid things I did/thought when I was drinking. It's amazing and absurd how the alcoholic mind works. All the times I thought I was fooling people by thinking I was appearing sober when I was drunk out of my mind ... all the energy I put into hiding my drinking (and not doing it very well, either) ... all of my rationalizations for drinking ... all of my attempts at "controlling" my drinking (i.e. only having a couple and only after 5 p.m., switching from whiskey to wine, only having one shot per hour ... ad nauseum) ...

Some might say that none of this is funny, and in the big picture it probably isn't, but I think being able to see the humor in some of our "alcoholic adventures" is a part of recovery. Not ALL of our adventures, but the silly ones that show us how totally twisted alcoholic thinking really is.