Notices

I am Back, and with news for great people.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jiva

I am Back, and with news for great people.

Hello Again SR,

If you have read my past posts. You know some background. Well I can tell you now it became 10 fold worse and hopefully is on the way to 10 fold better, as one minute and hour and day at a time. I am 23 days sober and attend at least 2 AA meetings a day since. My story has exploded to the point of insanity that many of us experience. I have been in the hospital 4 times this year. 2 ambulance trips for seizures in public, DT's out of control to where I was ripping out IV's and trying to run out of the hospital from the voices I heard telling me to do so. I was a Paramedic so I should no better right? HA an alcoholic is an alcoholic. I have a sponsor now, and the reason I post this, this morning is that this site has given me much hope as has AA finally. Tonight was hard. I had an incredible day. My singer in this acoustic project, I am starting locally, ( I am a professional musician) and I had an amazing practice, and I had a great day. Then about 9:45 PT I went on a bike ride to close my day with awesome exercise and my good friend called me. I pulled my bike over, answered the call and this is what he said. Pretty close to quotes so I will not quote it. ----- well I can this part, " I do not know how to beat around the bush on this bro but Melissa was hit by a drunk driver this afternoon and she was dead on arrival of Fire and Medics. This guy is one of my best friends and his girlfriend, Melissa, was an amazing friend as well. 4 years they were together....he was literally about to propose. I stopped my bike dropped to my knees and cried. I can admit that as a man, which is hard to do. I immediately turned my bike around and went home, so that I would not do something stupid and go to the bar or a liquor store. I am pretty proud of myself for that. I have a pretty amazing story of what has happened since you all last heard from me years ago. Anyone who would like to hear, talk, share, or anything feel free. I will start back on here again. I should not be alive. there is clearly that higher power as the BB states. I have a sponsor, and I have been in AA since the last hospital visit. Hope to here from all you good folks soon. - Jiva
Old 05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss Jiva - but I'm glad you found us again.
welcome back.

D
Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jiva

just the reason I say no instead of KNOW better. I think most will get that.....
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss buddy. I too have lost people during my sobriety, I have to keep reminding myself why I remain sober through tough times like that. It's tough man, I gotta admit, but you should be proud that you're still here and sober right now. Keep up the good work and hope you and your friend are doing ok, I'll be saying a prayer for you guys tonight.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jiva

Thank you so much eh1988!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

I am sorry to hear this but pleased you have turned it around for yourself. Alcohol delivers pain to many.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry to know Melissa did not survive ...how tragic.
Prayers going out to all who love her...

Please do continue to move forward ...recovery rocks.
Welcome back
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you are here.

condolences on your loss