Notices

Quit drinking since 05/16/2012 need motivation

Old 05-18-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
o_0

Exclamation Quit drinking since 05/16/2012 need motivation

Hey Fellas,
I don't know where to start and where to end, I am 28yrs old guy living in NY I came here 2008 so fairly new to this country. I never thought I would be in this situation. I will make everything short as possible and this thread will be my everyday journal

I started drinking around 2 yrs ago, out of my curiosity at first I was drinking once in a week or twice after few month I started drinking everyday. Last 1yr my drinking amount got higher and higher each day 500ml to 1lb straight vodka
While I am drunk I don't know wtf am I doing, I destroy good relationship with my family almost everyone. Few night I went to outside while I am drunk and did so many stupid things, I can't even remember. Most of you guys would imagine.

Oky so around 6 month ago I quit drinking for 1 month when I was traveling my country. When I came back I was like oky lets get a drink its not a big deal and started again since thn I am so massed up.

I found this forums few days ago and read a lot of your post and found this is the right place for me. I have to post here not matter what people think about me.

I did try before like everyday I was oky today is my last day and wrote on a calender over and over but that day never came since 05/16/2012 I did drink 1lb vodka since than I am sober.
So today would be my 2 day of sober life.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
o_0

I was so desperate to get a drink today but I didn't. Its fight against the alcohol I can't give up.
But I see some side effect hopefully they are just for short period.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi Soulfly,
I can definitely relate. I was drinking vodka every night for two years during the height of my alcoholism. If I ran out and the liquor stores were closed, I would wander into various bars. Some would cut me off, so i would wander the streets to the next bar. Next day I would have very vague memories, but sometimes I would have cuts and bruises to tell me that I wasn't in any shape to be in public. It sounds like your drinking has become a serious problem for you. Get some help before you hit bottom like I did.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't give up, it gets easier!!! The members in this forum are awesome and provide lots of support.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome SoulFly - it's great to have you with us. Congratulations on 2 days without alcohol! You can do this, and have a better life. I drank for many more years than you - so you're smarter than me! Keep posting and let us know how you're feeling.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
o_0

@Jitterbugg I live pretty close to liquor stores and bar, there would be around 4 in my next block. I got some bruises sometimes too but I can't remembered anything how I got them and where!!! its so weird right. I am still wondering how I got them. I already lost lots of stuff I can't handle more hopefully I would get out of this mass.
@ExBudGal thanks for your nice welcome its a really nice forum, I wish I found it before.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Soulfly and well done on 2 days

It's great you're getting help with this now. I'm sure you'll find this site a huge help x
Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
High on Life

Hang in there, it just gets better and better!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

i too was a blackout drinker...and like you...that got me into dangerous
situations sometimes with iinjuries.

The good news...they stopped immediately when I quit drinking
Yes..you too can win over alcohol....
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome!

It gets much, so much, easier with time. You're in a hard spot now. Stay the course! Dig down deep and find strength and courage.

You'll find lots of support here.

Take Care,
Pam
Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
o_0

Its 3rd day for me guys, hope it will go fine.
I am facing some side effect though
1. Pain in liver (i guess)
2. Head and Body Aches
3. Heart Racing (not always)
4. Sweating and Twitching (at night too much)
5. Stomach Cramps
6. Back Pain
7. Vomiting (2 or 3 times a day)
And
8. Crazy nightmare !!!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
o_0

Today is my 4th day guys, but last night I had a drinking dream I thought it was real When I woke I feel really good cause it was just a dream.
One more serious thing though, I can't sleep well.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon Soulfly...I had restless sleep for the first week or two but then it settled down and I slept great. Other people have had other experiences but I wouldn't worry too much this early on. Have you seen a doctor? x
Old 05-20-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I applaud your desire to be sober. It's only TODAY I don't drink ... and today I have roughly 7300 days. Keep the focus on today and keep posting. Drink lots of water and if you get a craving, have a milkshake. Keep as physically busy as possible. Three things can trigger a drink signal: people, places and things. So avoid places where people are drinking.

YOU CAN DO IT!! We're all pulling for you.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning!

The not sleeping bit lasted quite awhile for me. I needed to have my doc prescribe a non-addicting med (Trazadone) to take before bedtime - that is helping.

Bottom line - the addictive voice in your head in going to try to get you to pick up a drink - to sleep, to feel better, to handle something, blah, blah. Sometimes it will be screaming at you to drink.

There is NOTHING that you can do better drunk than sober. Not one thing. Even sleep, because alcohol screws up your natural sleep cycle.

Keep posting.

Pam
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
o_0

5th day today, and proudly sober
I was passing the store I used to buy drinks from, and I was confused like crazy like let me get a drink lol its kind of magnet or something
but then I walked away and feeling good now
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow it seems you and I have a lot in common.... I am 28 too and I think my problem was when I moved from Germany back to my home country. The list of side effects your currently having are very similar to mine... expecially the dreams, sweating and twitching. You are on your fourth day you say? I found after 72 hours thats side effects start going away...

I had a extremely strong urge to drink Saturday after munich lost to chelsea but I didn't booze and went home and cried instead .. hope your doing better

Matt
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
o_0

Today is my 6th day of sobriety, sometime feeling good sometime weird. but the main problem is sleeping, i can't sleep at night last night i slept for 4hrs only.
Thanks to everyone for keep motivating me
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
o_0

Originally Posted by Flyersfan View Post
Wow it seems you and I have a lot in common.... I am 28 too and I think my problem was when I moved from Germany back to my home country. The list of side effects your currently having are very similar to mine... expecially the dreams, sweating and twitching. You are on your fourth day you say? I found after 72 hours thats side effects start going away...

I had a extremely strong urge to drink Saturday after munich lost to chelsea but I didn't booze and went home and cried instead .. hope your doing better

Matt
Hey Matt,
yes its seems like we are on the same boat :ghug3 how many days you are sober so far.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

A week.... im on here for support too... Day four should feel pretty good .. where are you originally from?