Notices

drunk in public, public intoxication, etc

Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

call the police station and ask . . . they've heard stranger questions than that before . . .
Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
totfit

The law for Public Drunkeness is that you have to be a possible harm to yourself or others. Police "have" to take you in if they are going to cite you for Public Intox.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

All you can do is to go to the police station and ask if they have some record on it. If it is a serious offense then you could have woke up in jail. But since the police left you and did not took you anywhere else then you're in good hands.

Question is if you have lost something when you were mesmerized? My advice is to never do that again for our safety.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I once lived in a inner city neighborhood that had several shelters & lots of gangs/drugs. If the police arrested people for being "drunk in public" they would have had to arrest half the neighborhood.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the remarks ! What do people do on Saturday nights that dont drink ?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have spent hours on this forum tonight. No thoughts or desires when I am logged on.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What do people do on Saturday nights that dont drink?
Thank my lucky stars that my drinking days are over.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Quitter

Originally Posted by bg81 View Post
Thanks for all the remarks ! What do people do on Saturday nights that dont drink ?
I'm new to this being sober thing but I'm hoping that eventually some of the same normal things that people who drink sometimes do (go out to dinner, hang out with friends, watch some tv with the family, go on a date?)...except without the alcohol...and without waking up in a jail cell.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

and you checked your pockets? wallet for a ticket? as some said. I'm not american.... if you are I was just reading the first reply. Well the only real thing you can do is go to the station and admit you lost the ticket. I don't know what they really do to an intoxicated person. The fact they didn't take you to a drunk tank is unusal... well maybe your a first time offender? I don't know :S I was talked to police once when someone called police on me. He didn't charge me but only because my father intervened and he's a retired policeman and talked the officer out of taking me in. somehow. :S And yet that time it happened... wasn't my bottom I continued to drink up until now. 8 months sober, 2 weeks... 9 months. good luck with your issue