Notices

Just for a little fun, a question

Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just for a little fun, a question

Where was your most creative hiding place?

This is meant to be light hearted.

My best places were the shower (2 bathrooms good for me right?). Never drank in there though.

Behind my bedroom curtain.

In my guitar case.

In the dryer. (Husband would NEVER look there ever).

You guys?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Someone I knew in AA hid her vodka in a steam iron. Think she was found out pretty soon as the whole family would have smelled of vodka...
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I can never think of this stuff as light hearted to be honest.. I hid mine under clothes in dressers, behind cooking stuff in the cupboards, on top of bookshelves.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I rarely hid any, sometimes I would find some in the vegetable bin or behind some food....then I'd thank the powers that be that I had some left....that was my "old" higher power! Apparently that one enjoyed me drinking!

I did have various other places to hide other things, like weed, but I usually remembered where that was. Over 6 years ago I hid my crack....sometimes when I open something today, that memory pops up and I still look, with a fast beating heart hoping there isn't any in there (there hasn't been, it's the feeling, though).
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Yep, I mostly hid my weed and not very creatively, just to keep it out of sight (tins & cigar boxes) as most people knew I smoked. I was a beer drinking (not much luck hiding that) when I did buy liquor I would buy the BIG bottles and would only try to hide them out of embarrassment.. in a corner, behind my computer desk. :-\
Old 04-21-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also have a hard time thinking of this as lighthearted as far as my own behavior, but I totally get where you're coming from TwoJacks. I hid glasses filled to the brim and saran-wrapped under our bed, so I could kiss my husband "good night" and go to bed to "read." Looking back on my former self, I'm struggling to not feel shame.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Random Guy

In plain site I had a mini fridge in the living room that was only for beer and always stocked. Not much reason to hide anything when you are single and drink alone.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A friend replumbed his windshield wiper fluid to come out a tube in his car... He could pour shots and never worry about a bottle or his wife finding it.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I buy a 1.75 L bottle, then transfer it all into 12oz water bottles. The hide bottles in the front pockets of my dress shirts, no one ever found them.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know this is light hearted, I still wont tell cause I had great common places noone would ever look but I dont really want tell in case anyone is surfing and still drinking...not too sound like a party pooper or nuthin
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gone In

I thought I was creative to hide it my sock drawer, until I forgot to put my socks away, and my wife did.

I thought I was creative to hide it in the cat food bin, until my wife unexpecredly went to feed the cat.

I thought I was creative to punch holes in the bottom of beer cans, drain them and put them back so they look unopened. Until my wife went to offer a guest a beer.

I thougt I was creative to hide empties under the house and under the hot tub, until I was hauling away huge garbage bag fulls.

I was never really very creative, just drunk. And sick.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I love these topics. I use to mix vodka with gatorade & then put them back in the fridge because no one in the house drank gatorade except me. I use to hid bottles in my car because I use to like to chug vodka while I drove.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Remembering this helps remind me I never want to go back there again. My most clever place was an empty hairspray bottle that I rinsed out & filled with vodka. I was the only one using hairspray - so there it was, hiding in plain sight.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have to admit. I did the hair spray thing once. I was coming off a long weekend of drinking and knew I just couldn't go into work with a bottle in my purse so I sneaked about a third of a bottle of peppermint schnapps into the spray bottle the night before in case I felt bad the next day. I didn't drink it though.

UGH.

No one can smell peppermint on your breath right? :rotfxko
Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The file cabnet, until it got full. Then i had to get rid of the empties.

The closet under some boxes, until it got full. Then i had to get rid of the empties.

The desk drawers, they filled up quick. Then i had to get rid of the empties.

Chance arises when everythings full, they all go to the trunk of my car. Where they make noise. And smell.

I only drank because weed wasn't an option (drug testing is part of my work). Now I can't do either because one leads to the other and the other most certaintly would destroy my life. But god, don't those empties take up so much freaking room!?
Old 04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Question Re:Question

I never hid my bottles to begin with, and I mean never. I had a hard time finding the full ones but never the empty ones. Go figure. So hiding them was certainly out of the question. Thank God those days are long gone, inevitably. And I hope they don't return either, because I'm a messy house guest, really...
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I never had to be super creative with hiding. I had a couple blankets no one used on the shelf in my closet and everything went under there. Once I hid a bottle in the torn lining of my suitcase when I had to go out of town with family though.

I did have a few tricks for getting rid of empty beer cans so my family wouldn't notice a big noisy bag of them coming down the stairs. One time I stuffed each can in an old sock before I put them in with the rest of my trash, so they wouldn't clink together. That only happened once though because I ran out of old socks. I was pretty pleased with myself at the time because I'd been meaning to clean out my sock drawer for ages.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

I didn't really hide it....my family was pretty well trained to look the other way.

One of the best stories I heard about hiding places though was a woman who used to hide little airplane-sized bottles in her socks. She could store several on each leg!

Ain't it nice not to have to worry about that crap anymore????
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
orangutan

I always hid one in plain sight in the pantry for "cooking" which I regulary had to replace from my real stash in my wardrobe under piles of cloths.The one in the pantry was like a sacrifice for when I was caught out but there was always more to replace it .
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

As clever as I thought I was, I was never able to outwit my wife (probably because when you're drunk, you're never as clever as you think). I started out by hiding my bottles in coat pockets (not much call for heavy coats in Florida - they stay in the closet 99.9% of the year). After that subterfuge was found out, I went to hiding bottles behind books (in the space between the book and the back of the shelf), and burying them under tools in utility cabinets, drawers etc. After my wife wised up to that, I started hiding them under the spare tire in my car.