Notices

Hi Everyone - Need to Stop Drinking

Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can (as many of us) relate to your story. I decided I was done when I developed a tolerance that permitted me to drink an entire fifth of 80 proof liquor over the course of an afternoon and evening. While I had (at least by my standards) superhuman tolerance, I did not have a superhuman liver and would wake up still wasted. Needless to say, my drinking had progressed to a point where it was now interfering with my life professionally, so I sought my doctor's help and have not looked back.

One thing I never thought about, while I was drinking, was how caloric all that beer, wine and liquor I was drinking was. A bottle of white wine (an "easy" night for me in the past) is between 500-600 calories. Between an improved diet, regular exercise and no alcohol, I'm amazed at how easily the flab sloughs off (24 lbs. since January as of this morning).
Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Quitter

Originally Posted by aihflvt View Post

One thing I never thought about, while I was drinking, was how caloric all that beer, wine and liquor I was drinking was. A bottle of white wine (an "easy" night for me in the past) is between 500-600 calories. Between an improved diet, regular exercise and no alcohol, I'm amazed at how easily the flab sloughs off (24 lbs. since January as of this morning).
I know what you mean. It's a lot of excess empty calories.

That is one thing I'm going to be working on. I've wanted to lose weight and get in better shape for some time now but obviously can't do that while getting drunk on a nightly basis. The few times in my life where I've been sober and working out regularly were some of the times when I've felt the best about myself. So I'm setting up a weight training and cardio schedule for myself. I plan on eating a lot better too and would love to match you with a 24 pound loss of my own in the next few months.

Congrats on the sobriety and the weight loss! That's great!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

JustARide....Welcome...

With my doctors ok...in early sobriety...
I followed an eating plan suplements I found in my favorite book on
alcoholism...."Under The Influence" by Milam & Ketcham

I consider it was a vital part ...a quicker way to get back in mental and physical balance...

Amazon usually has the book...and it's sequel .."Beyond The Influence"

To get an idea.....please ask your doctor about hypoglycemia...a condition often in place for drinkers.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Quitter

Thanks Carol...

Update...
made it through last night sober without a problem.
Feelin good.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's great news! Every day will find you a little better.