Notices

dang it!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Again, I'm probably just really raw from early recovery but that's a really patronizing post TU...

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
It isn't Harry Potter or summer reading from Oprah.
Ouch...
Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Again, I'm probably just really raw from early recovery but that's a really patronizing post TU...
I'm serious. The RR book is fairly easy to understand, but it isn't some light novel to passively read, either. It has exercises in it, for example. As with studying for an exam, you need to learn, and you don't want distractions. If you want to read a book without people seeing the title, though, you can always put a book cover on it.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
I'm serious. The RR book is fairly easy to understand, but it isn't some light novel to passively read, either. You don't want distractions. If you want to read a book without people seeing the title, though, you can always put a book cover on it.
I know you're serious, you're just hitting raw nerves because I don't read 'light novels' and certainly not Harry Potter! Haha. Half the time I find these self books difficult to read on the basis that they're just badly written.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
I think you'll find that Trimpey isn't your typical self-help author, and that the RR book isn't your typical recovery book. If you've read other recovery books, you'll see what I mean when you read it. Oh, and I don't read Harry Potter either.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

anyone heard from vinyl?

D
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You guys are amazing! Thanks so much for the support, you have no idea how important it is to have a community of folks who get it. I have read and appreciate every response in this thread. It gives me the additional strength I'm missing in my life to really pursue sobriety.

I'm going for it guys and will not give up. That's my promise to you, myself, my family and my AV. I'm going after this and will not stop. My life and my family mean so much to me and I'm not going to lose this battle.

I'll be spending more time in the AVRT forum for sure TU, thanks for your insight. I will also re-read my RR book to reassess my AV and really try to focus on the mistakes I made on that island. I let my AV take over and I'm going to figure out where I lost that battle and how I can win it next time.

You guys made my day. I can't believe how supportive this place is. Thanks again. Stay strong you guys. I will too.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ace to have you back V - happy reading dude xxx