Notices

Painter Kinkade relapsed into alcoholism

Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Painter Kinkade relapsed into alcoholism

So sad to see yet another person parish to alcoholism. Thomas Kinkade was such a great talent and will be missed greatly. I like others enjoy his beautiful art. When I read articles like this it is a reminder how horrible alcohol is...which I know.. but sometimes I can hear my alcohol voice say "come on whats it gonna hurt"....... May you rest in peace Thomas Kinkade♥
Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

RIP. Always a sad deal.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes when you have too much money you can't hit a bottom.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My sister’s father-in-law is on his death bed, he has only a few days left they predict, he drank all his life until 2 years ago, it’s hard to watch, yet I drank like a fish right along with him for years.

His kidneys and liver are failing, alcohol has such a grip, just today I was thinking to myself, ‘I broke from that grip somehow’, now I understand why we try so hard to help others struggling, and why those that don’t drink or don’t have a problem will never understand.

I am sorry to hear about Mr. Kinkade… RIP.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thomas Kinkade Battled Alcoholism Right Before Death: Brother

By Stephen M. Silverman

Friday April 13, 2012 12:50 PM EDT

Thomas Kinkade with his paintings

Michael A. Jones/Sacramento Bee/ZUMA

Facebook
Tweet

His lush painted landscapes may have depicted an ultra idealized world, but artist Thomas Kinkade was battling his darkest side, his brother claims, saying that right before his April 6 death Kinkade had returned to his alcoholic past.

Thomas, 54, fought against the disease for four or five years, had sobered up, but over the past few months suffered a relapse that led right up to his death a week ago, Patrick Kinkade tells the San Jose Mercury News.

While an autopsy is currently underway, a spokesman said last week that Kinkade died of natural causes. In a recording of the 911 call from the artist's house, it is stated that Kinkade he had been drinking the entire night and was not moving.

RELATED: Autopsy Planned for Thomas Kinkade

Patrick Kinkade, an associate professor of criminal justice at Texas Christian University, says some of Thomas's inner demons stemmed from the dismissive attitude of the serious critics toward his work, despite the high prices they commanded, their enormous mass-market appeal and the almost-religious devotion collectors had toward them.

"He would shoulder the world, pull the naysayers on his back and smile when he was doing it," Patrick tells the newspaper. "As much as he said it didn't bother him, in his heart deep down inside it would sadden him that people would criticize so hatefully his work and his vision when people didn't understand him."

Coupled with some financial reversals in his business, another setback that reactivated Kinkade's drinking, says his brother, was Thomas's split from his wife, Nanette, and their four daughters, in 2010.

A friend, Pete Jillo, tells the Mercury News that drinking made Kinkade argumentative, and he was tossed out of a local bar.

"He loved Nanette and was heartbroken," said Jillo, adding that Kinkade tried to stay sober so he could see his daughters. But the alcohol got the better of him.

"There's no hypocrisy in Tom's vision," his brother says. "What you're looking at is a man. He believed in God. He loved his daughters. He wanted people to be affirmed by his work. But he was awfully human."
Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

*tears*

may you find peace + respite from your pain