Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

relief of tension causing my AV to come back swinging

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Random Guy

So I got a new boss that came in today to take over for my position and I will work under him. Normally that would be a bad thing and in the long term professionally for me it really is not a good thing, it would have been better if I had manned up and done the job that I was assigned, well. To me however personally and overall life wise I think this will be a good thing, I know short term it is a good thing because my job was causing me all kinds of stress and I wasn't handling that in a good way, and long term I discovered that I had a problem and have dealt with it. That has to be the biggest win out of this scenario.

That is the background anyhow for those that don't know me. So the story is that sitting behind my computer finishing up some reports that I have to do whenever someone new gets here I caught my AV saying;

"man this feels good doesn’t it. Yeah this is going to be great, tonight it would be great to get drunk wouldn't it? I mean all this stress gone what better way to relax then with some beers? I mean really drunk like you used to, why not? You are good now that stressful part of your life is over so lets get hammered."

For a second or two I was entertaining this notion until I came to my senses that is. When I recognized what was happening I breathed in closed my eyes very calmly and proceeded to internally chew my AV an a$$ the size of the grand canyon. for around a minute I just sat there thinking "you blankity blankin AV shut the blank up and get back in your blankin cage." and other such colorful yet unimaginative phrases. Good news is it did as it was told better news is when it did what it was told I opened my eyes with a smile on my face. Yes this does feel good, yes stress will be relieved, no that blankity blankin AV isn't getting me to do blank! For now at least it’s back in its cage and I have a new way to put it there, blind fury.

Just thought I would share that.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You LEGEND!! Oh, I bow down to you. Well done darlin, well done
Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
See how the addictive voice plays both sides of all arguments? Before, in your earlier threads, it was saying "You have stress from work, so why not drink?" Now, it is saying "You don't have stress, so why not drink?" It doesn't matter what you say to it, and eventually, you'll learn that it doesn't even care. It will never change its mind about drinking, so you don't need to argue with it — you need only recognize it.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Yes deffinetly, I was feeling good relaxing just finishing something up and having a sense that things were going to go well which is the first time in a long time I have felt that. and in that slightly comfortable state it crept up with those thoughts. Like I said for a second or two I thought wow what a great idea, thought about going and getting some groceries which was an blatent excuse to get beer and I even knew it at the time. It didn't take long but there was a delay in the thought of hey good idea to wait a freaking second I never drink what the hell was that? Oh you sneaky blanker now listen here, for the record that wasn't an argument that was a very one sided "disscusion" there was no counter for what I was telling it haha.

But yes stressed easy solution drink! Felling good, well drink and you'll feel even better. Freaking beast.

Just as a form of spite I went out on the town tonight, I wasn't going to but they said sushi and I have a real hard time saying no to sushi. Drank green tea. Then everyone is going out, well why not. To be honest I now know why I shouldn't have gone out, and its not because I wanted to drink. Its because going out is freaking boring. I have thngs that I enjoy and playing the singles market is not one of them. I should have stayed home and hung out here till I got tired then got a good nights sleep. Instead I am tired my feet hurt from standing all damn night, and I didn't have very much fun. Well lesson learned, if people are going out first ask if there is a pool table, second if there isn't one stay home because I will wish you had if I don't.