Notices

Detox Options -- How Does It Work?

Old 04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Detox Options -- How Does It Work?

So, I've been Googling and searching these forums for information, but I'm still unclear on the options for medical detoxification. I was sober for a while but have since relapsed back to my old habit of 15+ drinks per day. I think I have to do some kind of medical detox at this point or it could be very dangerous. The thing is, I'm a graduating senior in college. I really cannot miss classes and labs, but it's just a month until I graduate.

Can detox be done on a shortish basis in a medical setting? Where do you go? The hospital? Just any hospital??

I realize the importance of a longer program for support and stuff, but I need to either do that outpatient or wait until I graduate. But I don't want to wait to stop drinking, I want to stop drinking RIGHT NOW. I'm just scared of the withdrawal. I think it could get really severe because of how much I drink. So... where am I supposed to go? I guess I just don't get it. :/
Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LA has a number of options. A hospital will do, but you can go to a place that specializes in detox. Google is your friend here. Or your Dr can prescribe meds for you and you can do it at home.

I know a place in OC that a friend went to, if you're interested PM me and I'll reply back with the details.