Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

20 days sober and I'm still a wreck... something else.

Notices

20 days sober and I'm still a wreck... something else.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unhappy 20 days sober and I'm still a wreck... something else.

Man... just came from the chat room of SR right now with some people CatsPajamas/Heather/etc and I was a little scared to post anything right now I didn't want to bother any of you but I ran out of my meds and I'm not getting any until the 19th, painkillers you see, I lost 50 to 80 of them *my own prescription* in a freak accident and my doctor didn't even want to HEAR it as this is the type of medication he won't restock/etc no matter what you tell. So I got a week ahead of me now of more withdrawal, man ... I I would post in the drugs section but not many people are there compared to here, and I got a bad feeling that soon that fear factor and depression is gonna be sinking inside me soon again like it was when I posted 6 days ago, when I was feeling sad/etc about life. Some of you may remember that post. oh boy, I am honestly just glad to be sober and that I didn't run to the booze like 80% of addicts do when they are out of their pain pills. I uh... don't know what else to say except I guess I'll be on this site for a long time for the next coming week if you want to talk to me I'll be in the chat if the idle kicker doesn't kick me out while I'm dealing with the withdrawal, which is at ... 18 hours right now. Th-thanks for listening to this weird post.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a great place to be when dealing with drugs/alcohol. To me anything mind altering. You are going to meet a lot of great people. Try and concentrate on one thing at a time and don't worry so much about what you think people are thinking of you. Glad you are here!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

also try The InTheRoomsŪ Foundation there's a lot of experience there, too

You can get through this!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I wouldn't take it personal Paulos. Many doctors will not re-prescribe narcotics for their patients even if they are lost or stolen. Not sure how bad the withdrawals will be but if it gets serious you can always go to the ER and tell them what happened.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

This too shall pass... Sorry to hear of the horrible accident. Details?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I was counting them and I spilt Orange Juice all over 50 of them, god ... so dumb of me, ergh and I KNOW is sounds so FAR FETCHED that's the thing I admit it, man ... man oh man, I'm just so ... like, I just feel so dumb right now.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
I was counting them and I spilt Orange Juice all over 50 of them, god ... so dumb of me, ergh and I KNOW is sounds so FAR FETCHED that's the thing I admit it, man ... man oh man, I'm just so ... like, I just feel so dumb right now.
Why were you counting them? It sounds as if you could be addicted to them. Counting the pills, sounds like old behavior which is never a good thing. Doctors are getting scared to prescribe controlled substances these days & if you told him what happened, they probably didn't believe you. Especially if you have substance abuse on your medical history.