Notices

okay, stop the car, I want out

Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Okay. Weve eaten an now were goin to another pub. Im okay. I really am. Bored but okay. Yay!
Xx
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Okay. Weve eaten an now were goin to another pub. Im okay. I really am. Bored but okay. Yay!
Xx
Yup........that was a good lesson for me to learn the hard way: MOST pubs/bars aren't all that fun unless I'm drinking. And for me, if I'm drinking, it won't be long before the fun of the pub turns into the nightmare of alcoholism.... not a great trade off.

IF they have a cool band I'm interested in, IF they have good food...... IF I've got a legit reason to be there -- Bars are fine. (sometimes, getting "trapped" there cuz my "ride" insists on stopping is a good reason yanno......not a great one but a valid one.....) Going there to relive the past glory days........um........prolly not so fine - FOR ME.

Glad to hear you're handling it well Still.....
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I did it!!!

And it ended up bein okay. I seriously needed something to do with my hands and was ready to go by the end but we had fun. It seems I really dont need booze to mess around with my friends. And the one that knows I'm in recovery also doesnt drink so we shared a few grins at the others. Yeah I wont be signing up to a pub crawl any time soon, in fact I'm not goin any where near a pub in a while, but I managed.

Another crisis over. What's goin on??!

Love you all. Thanks so much for all your help an support.

I am breathing
Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's great to hear! So glad you pushed through like a chap!!! )
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

LOL... I meant a "champ!!!"
Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It seems I really dont need booze to mess around with my friends.
I know, right? That was a big and welcome surprise for me too. Any fool can laugh it up and be the life of the party whilst drinking, but only the truly cool can do it sober. Glad you had some fun on your test flight.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Good to hear, at least you seem to have had an alright time. I think like a lot of people here if you have a legitamate reason to go to a bar/pub than it is all good but if you go with no intentions other than to "hang out" you may be in for some trouble. Sounds like you had a good reason though and made it out through just fine. good thing you had a friend that knew there as well just in case.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

hi. well done, sounds like a nightmare to me, but its still early days. Hope you have a really good sleep tonight, should do after running so early this morning. So pleased for you, you don;t realise how many of us were waiting for your safe return home! You probably do. I love this website, it has helped me through another day.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
So it goes

Fantastic hun
Love billy
X
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks thanks thanks, man you guys have been fantastic. It seems like half of this thread has just been me being grateful. Well, it's nice to have a place to shout it:

You guys rock!

SoonToBeSleeping xxx
Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Member of the RESISTANCE

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Time out,okay? I want a break. I want a fckn BREAK. I am so very tired of this stupid, relentless, tireless rolling day, this monkey on my back that just keeps yelling...when does it stop? How are you supposed to put up with this? How do people put UP with this? If you don't drink, ever, how do you switch the world off? When do you get a break???

I know this is temporary. I know that I can get back to daisies and rainbows and runnin on the stones and sobriety will seem worth it again...

...but right now I want out.
Welcome to recovery. It has it's ups and downs. I went through a bit of a phase the other week and had a moan at a meeting about how I wish I wasn't stuck like this - and wish I could live a day in the life of a NORMAL person.

Then someone politely said "Yeah but Stu: What's normal?". Ride the rollercoaster my friend. You're on a down at the moment. An up is surely to follow.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Welcome to recovery. It has it's ups and downs. I went through a bit of a phase the other week and had a moan at a meeting about how I wish I wasn't stuck like this - and wish I could live a day in the life of a NORMAL person.

Then someone politely said "Yeah but Stu: What's normal?". Ride the rollercoaster my friend. You're on a down at the moment. An up is surely to follow.
I've heard it said in meetings that in the ups and downs of life you pass through "normal" twice (one each way)!! So ENJOY normal!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Member of the RESISTANCE

Originally Posted by Kellye C View Post
I've heard it said in meetings that in the ups and downs of life you pass through "normal" twice (one each way)!! So ENJOY normal!
Aha... but when do I know I'm in the normal bit? :rotfxko
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Aha... but when do I know I'm in the normal bit? :rotfxko
Ermm..... no clue there lol! Never thought to ask hehe!!