Notices

feel so weak

Old 04-03-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel so weak

I can't sleep I wanna drink so bad.I remember so much hurtful and negative things not under the influence. I hate this.I don't wanna depend on liquor to make me tolerate..but I'm in pain.how long can I really do this.I got a test for school n a few hours n I can't sleep
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I used sleep as an excuse to drink occaisionaly especially during attempts that lasted into the 3-4 day range. I don't know what day you are on but you can do this, I know the not sleeping sucks and this is comming from a very practiced pro at not sleeping, hell if it was an olympic event I think I would medal. Don't use it as an excuse though, because it never works out like you are thinking it will. You will only wake up almost as tired as you are now and hungover on top of that. I doubt that your test would go well in that condition, and if you are anything like me you would probably wake up still drunk if you managed to wake up for the test at all.

You can do this, don't give up.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouragement
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi babydoll

it's not easy to live without our 'crutch' - but you have a lot of support here...you're not alone...and things will get better than they seem tonight....

try not and worry about the past or the future too much - today is enough to be going on with for now, I think

good luck with yr exam

D
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tough it out and keep going. Another week or two and you'll feel pretty decent overall physically.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Like Langka said it took me to about midway through week three till I could get a reliable 8 hours of sleep, I am now closing out week three and starting four, I still don't have a good sleep schedule but when I do lay my head down I can sleep. the first week I slept maybe once every other day, sometimes less and it usually wasn't a full 8 hours. Good luck and just as encouragment when I do get my 8-9 hours of sleep whenever I get it now it is awesome. Hang in there and it will get better.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Acute withdrawal is the pits and another good reason not to drink again. Why go through that misery twice?

Veg out. Eat and drink. Sleep. Your body's been through a lot but it will heal. What you're doing is very important.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

melatonin is what your body produces to induce sleep. It is natural, safe and otc at drug stores and health food stores.

It is miraculous in its ability to help you sleep... try it.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Melatonin is good, so is GABA. Alcohol robs your body of its ability to naturally produce GABA. You can get it at a health food shop. I've tried to use the sleepless nights to read inspiring books, things on the internet... just try not to let it bum you out. Say to yourself, "this is a normal reaction to quitting and I can ride this out" Sleep will get better within a couple of weeks, sometimes less.

As to remembering the bad and negative things... you're reliving your "old story", the old you, not the new you!! Try to push out the negative past and force your mind to live in a better future. Envision life without hangovers and all the other trash that comes with being drunk. It's not easy, but keep pushing hard to get there. Remember times or even moments when things were good... know that they can be there again. If you were there once in life, you CAN return there. Best wishes and best of luck.
Mike
Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Never a better time to quit than now.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks everybody.this is super hard ,but everyone here knows that already.it took me a long time to get to the place that i am in so i know it will take a while to get back into a normal place.i really want to change the way i am and be on my way to a healthy,happy fulfilling life before its too late.im going to try join a gym tomarrow.i use to feel really good when i worked out .i really like this web site...thank yall
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello babydoll!
I've been through many years of school and I did my best when I was sober. You have a lot of great advice from the previous posts. Alcohol would put me to sleep too, but I would not do as well on tests (and staying awake in lecture). A good work out schedule would help me sleep. Also when I worked part-time during school, that helped too. I guess working and going to the gym forced me utilize my time and after studying, I would be exhausted falling asleep very easily when I got back home. I know it's easier said than done, but staying sober and completing your school plans are two of the most important events of your life. Please take care!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One of the best things that I can tell you is to go seek a friend who will help you emotionally, and in sober ways. If not, go seek help from a psychiatrist.

Real friends are those who help you even in emotional problems.