Notices

Things Are Easier Without Alcohol

Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things Are Easier Without Alcohol

I have noticed that since I quit drinking nearly a year ago, that things are so much easier. I was always a functioning alcoholic. Sure, I missed some work here and there, but I always achieved quite a bit (grew my practice, served clients, etc.). I now notice that I get so much more work done since I quit drinking. Before I would work efficiently so that I could be done and go drink. Now, I get everything done on my task list and still have so much time left in the day. I can go home early, workout, whatever. It is amazing how much time and energy alcohol was taking from me (or should I say, It is amazing how much time I was putting into alcohol).
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I totally can agree with this post. When I was out there drinking, I would think that a drink could improve anything I was doing like washing my car, mowing the lawn, even at one time, studying. What always happened was that I became very bored and would never finish what I started. I'd half-a** whatever it was

Being sober 38 days has allowed me to get more done than I could have ever dreamed of. I'm undertaking a landscaping project, and I'm actually close to finishing it! I renovated my utility room, and it looks great! I'm looking into painting the bathroom this week.

Oh btw, I'm unemployed so I have time to do these things :P

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, was ever made better by alcohol.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Now you have more time to seek employment, if you choose!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do You Believe

I can totally relate with your post Ethos.

I was just doing my expenses for my job today and thought I was really behind. When I was drinking I would be behind about 2-3 months. I was really worried this time as I felt like I was way behind. In actuality I was only behind about a month and I quickly knocked them out.

I was actually going to post today about how time seems to go more slowly since quitting drinking. Not in a bad way mind you. I have gotten so much more done in the past month than I did in the past few months drinking. I address issues much quicker. I don't hide from things, I don't ignore the phone or meeting because I am drunk or hungover. Not to mention family life. I can drive my kids anytime day or night to wherever they need to go and I attend all of their functions and school meetings. I also can "find" the time to exercise and eat healthy as well.

It is amazing what a "time sink" drinking is. The past couple of years were definately unproductive not to mention agonizing.

Such refreshig way to live life.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dybehfar View Post
It is amazing what a "time sink" drinking is.

Completely Agree!!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting anything done because it was so hard before and now it is easier.

I know someone posted on here a week or so ago about whether or not there was any reason people were grateful for their struggles with alcohol. I would say that this would be mine. It is like the ace up my sleeve to get things done. If I have a bad day now, I still get everything done because its still not as bad as being hungover for months on end! Helps me complain less too.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your almost year ethos

D
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could not agree more!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Hi Ethos, Way to go on the sober and clean time. What a great gift to yourself.
The work solution is great I hope upon retirement the carpet slippers and a bottle do not come out.---AA big book reference---