Notices

I can finally sleep but I am not energetic

Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I dint get to read everyone's response so sorry if I'm repeating here. I think one of my first mistakes when I tried (and failed) to get sober previously was my general hope of "everything changing" or "feeling great". The reality is, life is hard and not very fun. In fact I'm pretty sure that was one of many reasons I ran away from life, to have fun.

So this time I'm fully aware that I'm going to be depressed, life is drab and reality is harsh. The difference for me this time is that I'm going to face the harsh reality of life and do what I can to find joy in the small things. I don't need to have a blast, I just need to wake up sober, work, be present for my family and friends which I can't stress enough and take it day by day.

I've realized in just the last 13 days of being sober that if I spend my time helping my family with whatever, and just being next to them has actually given me the true joy life has to offer, and I don't need to chase this fake happiness we seem to think sober people have. Life isn't easy, man. It's frankly a drag. But it's what we do with it that matters, and that's what will keep you sober. You don't have to have a great time in life, you just need to face the challenges, recognize the smiles here and there and wake up sober every single day.

Find simple joys in simple things to start. The rest will come I think. Good luck and stay strong.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
-That I will hopefully have more time wherein I wil be in a position to work on myself more now that I actually want to instead of blind acceptance for my flaws aided by beer.
DANG!!

I hate that I have been doing that the last few years. It's not really blind acceptance is it? The beer only blinds me for a lil while. then I wake up and run the tape at 2:30 am. It sucks to suck! Dang!

Today is day one for me, and that hit home for me. Thanks for posting.
FF