Notices

Just an Off Day

Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an Off Day

Some days you wake up and the world just isn’t right, you realize your old friends don’t call because they know you don’t drink, you haven’t made any new friends, maybe friends are just too much trouble or maybe I’m just not the kind of guy people want to be friends with, maybe this is why I drank, but then again this will pass…

It’s just been a long time since I felt this way, it’s not simply depression, it’s a mindset that I can’t stand to have, my drinking outlet has been closed for over a year which leaves me to deal with it and it’s been with me all day.

I’m hoping posting here will help…
Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today is a lot better,

I pondered what causes a bad day and the repeating answer I got from researching this was that it is my own fault.

I actually realized later in the day I was a little sick from the pollen, or had ‘Sinus issues’, the mind tired symptoms were taking a front seat over the physical ones, in a bad way.

I did think about alcohol, not on purpose, but the thoughts came to mind, I don’t have to act on those thoughts, and today I still feel a little off but feel a lot better.

I have to admit yesterday I was wondering why I bothered posting, anger covering feelings, our thoughts can really get away from us if we let them, I guess I still got lots of work to do, but don’t we all.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Do you go to AA? There is at least one friend waiting for you there. If not, try getting into a sport or local hobby club...there's lots of sober people waiting to make friends with you!

Sobriety is action for me. Clean something you've avoided. Read a book. Go to the mall. Do something different.

I didn't know how to be a friend let alone make a friend, but in my meetings, by talking with some people before and after the meetings, I am making honest friendships. Tomorrow, after 10 months around AA, we have a zoo trip planned. A bunch of "big kids" hanging with the caged animals....

Friends can be made. Remember, we didn't get here overnight, things don't change overnight, either. Give time time. Your friends will be made.