Notices

Generic Antabuse?? Crotonol?

Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Generic Antabuse?? Crotonol?

Has anyone heard of Crotonol before as a generic antabuse manufactured in India? I ordered some from an online pharmacy (only advertised as generic antabuse on the site) and they arrived quicky and I guess just as advertised so I think the websites so far reputable....just cant find any info when I google the drug name. The package says Crotonol 500, disulfarim 500 - manufactured by Panchsheel Organics LTD. The manfacturer appears to have a legit website. Please help if you can confirm whether these are or arent legit generic antabuse! I need to take them but scared to take foreign meds
Old 03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Antabuse should be prescribed by a doctor not ordered on the internet. Especially when you don't really know what your ordering.

We cannot give medical advice. I suggest speaking to your doctor.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

internet drugs are not regulated. Why not just see a real doctor?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I cant get medical advice online, just wanted to know if anyone had heard of it. I do know what im doing as ive been on antabuse just not this brand. Unfortunately I could not get a dr to prescribe ths to me now without outpatient counseling which I can no longer afford. thankyou for yourresponses though, if anyone is familiar with this please let me know.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I would NOT test it to see if its real.. Could kill ya..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Knowing what your doing because you've been on antabuse before doesn't really help the situation ....... you ordered pills from a website that you THINK may be reputable and you THINK they may be antabuse and you want us to tell you if they are?

Have you looked into other more affordable options in your area? I'm not sure where you are in the world.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I havent asked you to tell me anything. Asking for info from those who have heard of the drug or had experience with it, if I wanted professional medical advice I would seek it. This is not a request for someone to tell me the molecular structure of some mystery pill. I appreciate your concern but not sure you will find any further interest in this thread. thank you though and best of luck to you.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's no good getting annoyed.

I'm afraid what you're asking
Please help if you can confirm whether these are or arent legit generic antabuse!
is medical advice by our rules Hopeful.

People are trying to help you here by suggesting to you what a dreadful idea this is.

Even if you find out this pill is antabuse, I wouldn't take any pill I ordered over the internet regardless of what it said it was on the pill anyway - you have no way of knowing whether the medication is what it says it is, whether it's the stregth it claims to be, or whether it meets FDA regulations.

If you local Dr suggested outpatient counselling they must have done so for a valid reason.

My advice is to see your local Dr, explain your financial situation, and listen to what else they suggest as treatment.

Alternatively there's lot of recovery methods that involve no drugs or any significant financial outlay.

Have you tried any kind of recovery programme at all hopeful?

D
Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anabuse is no good, unless you're court ordered to take it It won't work, it'll just make you sick when you drink... and if you're anything like me you already get sick when you drink.

Try asking your doctor about Campral, it's supposed to help with the urge to drink, but it's expensive if not covered by insurance, like 100 bux a month.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we'll leave this thread there.

thanks everyone.
D