Notices

I am so afraid to go to the Dr. It is like

Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is me right here. NOW, do you know why I am so afraid? Everyone is afraid and I am definitely NOT denying my problem. HOWEVER, I am not ready to die. I have all of your brother's symptoms and THAT my friend, is why I am afraid to go to the Dr. I know that you are just trying to help but I really did not need to hear that.
I know it is so hard to hear, but sometimes we need to need hear the brutal truth, in order to accept what we are truly doing to ourselves. Whether you see the doc or not, what is, is. Please don't drink again, you are worth more then this. I have personally read on this forum of people having symptoms like yours and once they abstained their symptoms started to improve.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know that you are just trying to help but I really did not need to hear that.

Actually, I think you did and that's why you're here. Hearing about the experiences of others and thinking "crap, that sounds like me" sucks, but if it gets you to the Dr, and then some AA meetings then it's a good thing.

Recovery isn't easy, but holding you hands over your ears so that you don't hear the scary parts isn't going to change things.

Denial is a powerful thing, for many years I denied the seriousness of my alcohol problem. That didn't do me any good because the problem was still there. I didn't quit until my mid 40's, so at 44 you are still young. I passed the 50 mark, I'm sober and life is good. This website and AA were both very helpful for me, maybe that combination will work for you to.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

You don't want to know if the doctors can help you and you don't want to know that they can't. Rough place to be.

Go to the doctor and find out how to help yourself.

Walk through that fear. You may be able to DO something about this situation!