Notices

Day 5 feeling good

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Day 5 feeling good

Hi Everyone, 5 days in a row has been the longest I have gone for years. I was and I really mean it WAS! a heavy daily drinker of Rum for 20 years. Still working on coordination and nutrition but otherwise feel physically fine. The funny or not so funny thing is the emotions...for no reason at all I suddenly burst into laughter or down right start crying my eyes out. I am sure its just the brain rewiring itself sober. I'm a grown Man and it is kind of embarrassing but so what I will get through it. Thanks SR for giving me a place to talk.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hey that's great, good on ya! I'm in early recovery too, day 10 and get weepy for no apparent reason. They tell me it's just the roller coaster of early recovery. I like you saying "so what, I'll get through it". Me too!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i hear ya mate, i was the same, its a roller coaster ride in the early days hey, well done n keep going buddy

ps/ now that the fogs starting to clear, might be a good time to figure out a plan/method to stay stopped? AA works for me, and thousands of others worldwide

Last edited by johnny2times; 03-26-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it going...one day at a time. Today is day 2 for me! You can do it!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
So it goes

Belize, amongst other things alcohol anaesthetises you, your body and mind are getting to grips with emotions again
It wont be all an easy path to sobriety, but it will be a million times better than staying drunk
Keep in there you are doing great
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Originally Posted by johnny2times View Post
i hear ya mate, i was the same, its a roller coaster ride in the early days hey, well done n keep going buddy

ps/ now that the fogs starting to clear, might be a good time to figure out a plan/method to stay stopped? AA works for me, and thousands of others worldwide
Hey Johnny, Roller Coaster it is and the good part is I didn't even have to by a ticket for this ride....

A PLAN is a must and based on my location on a small island off the Belize coast AA is not available. Closest meetings are in Chetumal, MX and its all Spanish speaking. I understand enough Spanish to get in trouble and buy any kind Drink ya want but not enough to attend AA in Spanish. I am reading up online AVRT, etc... but for now it is beach therapy and a lot of reading.....

Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you are able to continue being sober, you will surely feel better until you really forget alcohol. It is a good move at staying healthy and away from the bottles of evil.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

AA Meetings in Central America

San Pedro AA- Alcoholics Anonymous. Meeting information, call Natalie, 226-4464 or 226-2536. Right now meetings behind the firehouse, just off Jewfish Street. Follow the signs. Tues. 1PM, English Speaking, Tues, Thurday, Saturday at 7:30PM, (or whenever you get there). English/Spanish Speaking Meeting. Evening sessions are conducted by Amando Lemus and the noon session by Natalie Pallen.

Go here: English speaking meetings have 2 * (**) next to them. aabelize.org/
meeting schedule: aa_groups