Notices

When bored....

Old 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When bored....

Basically I have 4 months off in the year and am working the other 8. When I am working, it never crosses my mind to drink. However, when those long periods of off days come, I usually start up some binging. Now I know it is important to fill up your time with things to do, but I am the type of person who is very content relaxing and doing nothing. I play basketball frequently and have non-alcholic friends to hang out with. But there then just comes this urge to get drunk because I am 'free' and don't have any responsibilities. Anyone in a similar position and know what I'm talking about? I really don't like passing my down time by getting blackout drunk and hurting my health.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Relaxing and doing nothing sounds awesome - I never, ever get to do that

How about reading? Model building? Knitting? heh heh... I hear fishing is pretty much sitting around doing nothing (I may catch some heat for that observation...)

Hmm...geology. It's mostly looking at rocks. Too taxing?

Painting by numbers? It's like painting, but without any thought, all you'd have to do is lift the brush.

I like this challenge
Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fishing-wise, you can sit on your a$$ and catch itty bitty fish, or you can go yellowfin tuna fishing, which is damned near a contact sport.

Geology requires getting off the couch and a ton of hiking and climbing, amongst other activities.

I have enjoyed both in my sobriety.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

It took me years to work out the relationships between me and alcohol. In retrospect everything else is peripheral.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Fishing-wise, you can sit on your a$$ and catch itty bitty fish, or you can go yellowfin tuna fishing, which is damned near a contact sport.

Geology requires getting off the couch and a ton of hiking and climbing, amongst other activities.

I have enjoyed both in my sobriety.
Nice! I like getting the crap beaten out of me by the elements, I'll think about giving them a go. But this guy seems to like standing still. Or even sitting. Ideas?

Last edited by stillsleeping; 03-26-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo