Notices

the 2 types of alcoholics

Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Man, the gym is good - learn to love the sweat What's a klondike bar?
x
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I have a pretty strange diet I guess and that was even while drinking, maybe that is one reason why I didn't put on a lot of weight even though I was a beer drinker. I eat a lot of greens and meats and not a lot of starched/carbohydrates, not because I am on any atkins diet or anything it is just what I prefer to eat. So it was not uncommon for me to "pig out" post beerfest on a bag of steamed brussel sprouts. Of course equaly comon was the fried chicken gizzards, or canned mackerel. Mainly I would just eat whatever I happen to have on hand and those were usually the options because that is what I eat normaly. Now that I have stopped drinking beer I have picked up another bad habit which is drinking a lot of soda. It used to be a point of pride for me that I didn't drink much of that but now I find myself craving it in the evenings, maybe as a replacment I don't know. I know that I am now eating breakfast in the mornings when before I would just pound water (I still am doing that) to help with the dehydration. Even with eating more I have lost about 5-10 pounds which is cool I haven't been down to 180 in a couple of years.

So yeah pretty much keeping the diet the same meats (any kind I like my meat) and green veggies (again any kind I also like my vegies) I am trying to get more breads, rice, and pastas in though even if they arent' my favorites. I have never had a problem with avoiding sweets they just aren't my thing, I will always skip out on dessert in order to have more of the meal itself.

Oh and sunday morning hangover food was greasy breakfast from a cheap dinner, heavy protien and fat laden food is what I would crave in the morning, even after my fridge raid of whatever I had on hand last night.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by stillsleeping View Post
Man, the gym is good - learn to love the sweat What's a klondike bar?
x
How do you not know what a klondike bar is????!!!! Not trying to be insulting but wow that one threw me for a loop! "what would you dooOOoo for a klondike bar" nothing? Oh well, a klondike bar is basicly an big icecream sandwich with a choclate covering all around instead of the cookie covering of the sandwich. I can't remember the last time I had one it must have been pre-teenager years.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Klondike bars are a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Random Guy

^ Nice paraphrase of Ben. I approve.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

HAHA!! Jeez, guys, burst a blo0dy blood vessel! Way to gang up on a girl We don't have them here, okay? I could also point out (clears throat, mutters into hand) lower levels of childhood obesity (cough)

Heh heh!

And h*ll heah, canned mackerel! At my worst, I lived on canned mackerel and tinned salmon and, for some reason, brazil nuts. Oh, and rum. Lots and lots of rum. Now I have fish with salad and tomatoes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
^ Nice paraphrase of Ben. I approve.
Who's Ben?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Who's Ben?
I didn't know you were on the other side of the ocean, sorry. But I would be willing to bet you still have them there they just might be operating under a sudomynm . That and you deffinetly got us with our pants down on the obeseity thing and we know it.

Ben = Benjamin Franklin, the guy who among other things is credited with the discovery of electricity (the whole kite and a key during a storm thing) who also has a popular quote that goes as so; "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."
Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hehe boys across the ocean with their pants down

I know Franklin! I never heard that quote, tho, like it! But Edison invented electricity, look:

E:\Cartoons\Edison And His Electricity.flv - YouTube
Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
LDT

INH....you are the only other person I know ( well, sort of know ) that likes fried chicken gizzards. I don't eat a lot of fried foods, but if I'm ever in the mood......it's gizzard time for sure.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Before my binge the last 3 days I had cut way back on my drinking and lost 36 pounds. I was working out, eating healthy..felt great! Them I let myself slide and went on a binge ... drinking whiskey, eating Dominos and Taco Bell. I gained 2 pounds over the weekend! Proved to myself that I can't drink at all because I have an addiction! Hello
Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nextchapter View Post
Before my binge the last 3 days I had cut way back on my drinking and lost 36 pounds. I was working out, eating healthy..felt great! Them I let myself slide and went on a binge ... drinking whiskey, eating Dominos and Taco Bell. I gained 2 pounds over the weekend! Proved to myself that I can't drink at all because I have an addiction! Hello
This weekend? You okay? x
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

I've been both! My favorite thing was SUBS. Going to the mini mart deli and ordering meatball, tuna, or blt subs. Turkey and swiss. Sweet peppers on everything. Or if I was broke or too paranoid to drive the 3 minutes to the deli I would make pasta with whatever was handy mixed in. Ham boullion and parmesan with butter is still a favorite that I came up with while drunk.
Then the last binge I was barely eating at all.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I know Franklin! I never heard that quote, tho, like it! But Edison invented electricity, look
My bad I did some reading apparently they have changed a few things since I was in grade school, I guess now he is just credited with proving that lightining is/was electricity and the "discovery" that electricity exsists took place well before that. I can't view the edison link because I don't have access to youtube at work but there is nothing about him "discovering" electricity on his wikipedia page. Just his inventions which were made well after electricty had been harnesed adn was being used.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

...and what the h*ll is a gizzard??? are you guys makin this stuff up?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh man, H has just pointed out, while you lot are bein all foreign-like, ever had a deep fried Mars bar?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iedMarsBar.jpg

Yummy!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

This weekend? You okay? x
Yes, thanks Still. I'm at work and feeling ok fortunately. I found a meeting nearby that I can get to right after work! Thanks again
Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Coolio

Stay in touch...

xxx
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I binge drank and ate. The late night bar food I thought I loved I cant even consider now like pork green chile, Pizza, fried chicken wings, poppers, cheese sticks, nachos, chicken strips, and all the spicy sauces and fattening dressings. Im also pretty skinny so always thought I could get away with it. In the past year I grew a belly and started getting heartburn if I eat these foods. I used to drink lots of juices for hangovers cant touch those anymore cause of the heartburn and sugar.

Now its just water and tea. Salads and veggies. Im bored but I feel much better.

Chicken Gizzards?!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Eating for me was little different from alcohol. I ate to feel good (in the short term, of course) and forget my troubles. The actual substance was really of little consequence. So long as it was something I could continue to function on fairly normally, I could abuse it. So yeah... I was fat. Still am, but going down quickly!