Notices

What I really like.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

What I really like.

Aside from my favorite words of monkey, noodle, and cup, I love the feeling after a craving has passed and I'm okay. It's very uplifting.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, nice post, Thea. How did this not get any hits??

Noodle is a great word, especially when used to mean your head. "baked my noodle" - great phrase, and linguistically v pleasing. Cellar door indeed

I like it when I wake up in the night and grab for the glass of water and remember that I'm not hungover, just thirsty. It makes me feel like a little kid (the last time I was just thirsty and not hungover) and I go back to sleep. Awesome.

Next!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

...or how about when you anticipate the moment when yr significant other is goin to need a cup of tea, and hand the mug over just as they say, "you know, I'd kill for a - oh you star!"

I know, doesn't happen often but it's a good 'un
Old 03-26-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How is nobody picking up this thread?? I'm gona sit around and talk about things I like and you're just goin to sit there and watch me? :P
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

It's hard to think of positive things when dealing with addiction, granted. That being said, I hope more people can talk about successes that are more minute than the number of days, weeks, etc. they've been sober. While I keep track of my time (to a certain extent), the small things help remind us of our success, rather than how let down we feel when we stumble.

As a recent example, I just finished correcting my students' informational papers and couldn't be happier that it's done. I tend to put these things off and alcohol was always a great way to avoid doing things like this. I also bought two new packs of cards to add to my growing collection; I'm a magician and card manipulator. These things really mean nothing to anybody but me, however, they are positives in my life and I'm enjoying that instead of numbing myself with alcohol. Ironically, cheers to that.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I am still trying to figure this out on my end but one thing I know I really like is coffee! Tha caffien high makes me happy. Probably not healthy I know but I will take it over drunk because it dosen't ruin my life.