Notices

Does anyone recognize whats happening?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Does anyone recognize whats happening?

I knew I had a drinking problem before, but I've been drunk for about a week straight now. Ive haven't been drinking alone but i've been drinking with different people (ie, beer at the beach all day with one friend, go out to a bar or 5 with a different friend later, repeat the the next day) so no one realizes whats going on. I'm used to being able to drink a LOT for my size but for the past few days it feels like if i have one drink i'm drunk again. Alcohol has also been bothering my stomach worse than ever. I haven't eaten much since this little drunk-marathon started, is that why? Does anyone recognize whats happening to me here?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

I'm pretty sure you've heard before, alcoholism is progressive avgcollegekid.
Maybe this is your progression?

D
Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I am really drinking, I do not eat sometimes for days. The pain in your stomach, and many other issues, will get worse as you continue to drink. You are young so make the changes before it gets completely out of control. It only gets worse, trust me on this one.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I stop drinking for a day or two will this weird thing go away?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

The longer I drank, the less it took to get me drunk. As Dee said, this stuff progresses. And be careful with that stomach pain. I always drank on an empty stomach so I could "feel the buzz" ... tore the heck out of my stomach lining (straight whiskey will do that). If I didn't chase the booze with something, it would sit in my stomach and burn so bad that I'd double over. Found out that not only did I have gastic reflux, but also had bleeding ulcers.

Quit while you still can, and if your stomach continues to bother you, please see a doctor.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

this is a sober forum?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

are you looking for sobriety?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't know if I'm looking for sobriety really, I don't want to quit drinking. It makes my life easier. I just sorta want to keep it in control.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by avgcollegekid View Post
I knew I had a drinking problem before, but I've been drunk for about a week straight now. Ive haven't been drinking alone but i've been drinking with different people (ie, beer at the beach all day with one friend, go out to a bar or 5 with a different friend later, repeat the the next day) so no one realizes whats going on. I'm used to being able to drink a LOT for my size but for the past few days it feels like if i have one drink i'm drunk again. Alcohol has also been bothering my stomach worse than ever. I haven't eaten much since this little drunk-marathon started, is that why? Does anyone recognize whats happening to me here?
this generally happens to long term drinkers.......your tolerance has gone back to zero
Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AVG.. you have been a member here since 9/2011 so there must be a past history with your drinking.

This is a great forum to help you, if you want it.

Be careful. This will only get worse.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't know if I'm looking for sobriety really, I don't want to quit drinking. It makes my life easier. I just sorta want to keep it in control.
this is a pipe dream.........if your an alcoholic?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

why?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Tolerance can drop as the body damage accumulates, but there is no way for me to speculate on that in your case. I don't know how long you were dry before taking it up again, but if you were off it for two months or more, that will usually drop your tolerance to baseline. Rest assured that it can ramp up again and return to old levels very quickly, though. You say you don't want to quit drinking, so at the very least, you should keep a close eye on your intake level and tolerance.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been on weeklong drinking sprees before but nothing like this has happened. The tolerance thing is weirding me out b/c I'm used to being able to have upwards of ten drinks in a night (and I'm 5'4 113lbs). Is this like, a normal thing that happens to people as they move towards alcoholism?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been on weeklong drinking sprees before but nothing like this has happened. The tolerance thing is weirding me out b/c I'm used to being able to have upwards of ten drinks in a night (and I'm 5'4 113lbs). Is this like, a normal thing that happens to people as they move towards alcoholism?
how do you define an alcoholic?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I define an alcoholic as someone like my dad, who's almost always drunk, has a beer open at every available opportunity, and when you see them making their first drink you know its only a matter of time before they're wasted.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by muffin1707 View Post
AVG.. you have been a member here since 9/2011 so there must be a past history with your drinking.

This is a great forum to help you, if you want it.

Be careful. This will only get worse.

Good luck.
I joined in sept. because that's the last time I was drunk for more than a day or two at a time.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I define an alcoholic as someone like my dad, who's almost always drunk, has a beer open at every available opportunity, and when you see them making their first drink you know its only a matter of time before they're wasted.
does your father's drinking bother you?

if so then why do you drink?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I grew up around drinking. it seemed like the thing to do to celebrate, relieve stress, etc etc.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Gone In

Drinking ten drinks in a night qualifies as alcoholic behaviour in my opinion, as well as hiding the amount you drink by drinking with different people all day and night. You already know the answer, you just keep trying to squirm out of it. Once you've gone over the edge, there's no way back.

If you want to keep going, then keep going and see how far down the rabbit hole you go. I hope you don't die.

If you want to stop drinking, you're in the right place.