Blackouts Are Progessive------

Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
In love with life.

Aplogies for the double post...
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

blackouts

Yes, I can sure relate to having blackouts. I had quite a few in the last few months. I get horrified when I get up and see dishes and pots and pans that I used to cook and yet I have no recollection of it at all. I get so embarrassed when I read emails I sent out insulting people because I reacted a few days before at something that offended me and yet I cannot believe I wrote those things. I also get so embarrassed when my x husband tells me of things I said or did the night before and yet I cannot believe it and I just roll with the story like I remember.
I tried to sober up x2 this month already. I had 1 week in and gave up. Now I have a few days and feel shaky about it. The truth is my liver is really inflamed and bulging out and I am scare.
I spend 200$ yesterday to do a flush. I have little DT s as it is. I hope to make it this time.
I have been in recovery before and even was chair, secretary and guest speaker in a support group for 4 yrs and I have been drinking for 12 years again. Back to the beginning.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I drank to blackout several times per week and almost every day by the time I got sober. To this day I am horrified by my actions while in blackouts, and I am missing countless time. So much lost. Luckily a lot of the time I was at home while totally shot but too much I was out in public. Doesn't matter either way though, none of it was ok. And yes, the blackouts definitely progressed...
Old 03-22-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Every night at the end. I would hope so fervently that I had just gone to bed quietly - I would convince myself that I had because I couldn't remember anything other than quietly watching the t.v.

And every morning driving in to work my husband would turn to me and say "so...do you remember anything about last night...?"

And proceed to tell me about the drunken rage I was in for hours.

Every ******* night. And I used to beg him not to tell me before work... as if he was the one who would ruin MY day!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

After a particularly bad weekend bender, I would typically remember most of Friday, but Saturday would be completely gone and Sunday would be a blur. I'd wake up Monday in a state of terror and begin damage control. Reluctantly check the cellphone to see who I'd called, get on Facebook to delete the incoherant and insane messages/comments, check my car for damages etc...

The funny thing is, I'm a very rational and deliberate person sober. My personality when drunk progressively changed for the worse though... The booze changed me into a lunatic, then I'd change back and feel humiliated and ashamed. Then I'd do it all over again, two weeks later, rinse repeat. Insanity!