Notices

how do you feel today?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how do you feel today?

It's been a rocky few weeks for me. The flu, post acute withdrawal paid me a long agonizing week long visit, and one of my cousins died this weekend.

...but you know what? I feel ok. I have alot of family that loves me. friends and extended family that are in my life now that didn't want a dam thing to do with me 2 years ago. My finances are finally looking up, my marriage is in good shape, and my daughter is happy.

I'm sober, i'm sleeping good, and my art is going awsome. the only things that are really bothering me right now are things that are way out of my control.

I feel hopeful today. A miracle when i was a bottom of the barrel drunk a couple of years ago. So i also feel grateful

so how do you feel today?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Hopeful. For myself anyway. My family has been going through some things recently and I have stayed out of it because I need to put my own recovery first and i know that if I get involved in the drama I will be driven to drink again.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hey!

Good to hear your okay and feeling hopeful today! Without hope, we only feel worse as we know. Sorry about your recent tough times and the loss of your cousin. Awesome to hear about your art being more satisfying, I know how inspirational your artistic talents and efforts are for you and your family. Outstanding. A great family life is so helpful, yeah?

I'm feeling good today, too.

I'm continuing with my medical appointments for my upcoming surgery (i have one today) -- and-- I found out last week that one of my consultations has been moved up from May 2 to this week March 21.

Awesome. Happening this week. Sooner the better, you know?

Thanks for the thread, BullDog.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Nervous, woefully unprepared, and bracing myself for the worst, and wishing I had a magic make four days go by wand. Sorry to put a negitive spin on things but that is the way it is. I am just trying to remember that no matter what in four days it is over, the concenquences will be lasting possibly (not necessesarily defenitly), but I tend to worry to much, I know that it would be a lot worse if I was drinking though. Actually that thought just calmed me down a little, because I know if I was hung over the feeling that I have now is nothing compared to what I would be experiencing. Hmmm is it possible to take joy in knowing that your darker/negative emotions when present are lessened without alcohol? Okay I am going to stop becasue I am at risk of hijacking the thread.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I do feel good today. A very warm and exciting day to enjoy with my family and kids.
For the past few days I have been into several challenges of alcohol were my friends invited me to a party with many alcoholic beverages in the place to choose from. I was very happy to know that my effort on changing and really stopping my drinking habit is really a success as I was able to avoid it even with peer pressure during those time.

I also thank my wife for calling me and telling me to get home already at around 10pm -helping me get out of the place as much as possible. I told my friends that I really don't drink anymore. Glad to say that I did it again and hope everybody else would do the same thing.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel like shi......t today.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I hope that changes ASAP for you kiki.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So relieved that I am here and sober! I will be 13 years next month and I still have my down days and nights but I'm alive and sober. For that I am grateful.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's so cliche but there is alot of truth behind "my worst day sober is better than my best day drunk".....

How do I feel today? Content.

I'm still bitter some days about being 28 and taking care of my mom who is half paralyzed. However I used to just drink over it and feel miserable when it really is out of my control.

I just know that some day I will finnish night school, have my own place and meet that someone special person who will love me for me.

Today I worked out during the day for a bit. Did some homework then went and helped with a kids jiujitsu class. I do it for free and enjoy wathing them grow and embrace the arts. Then ran the warm ups for adult class and repped some moves. When I got home I had to put a night brace on my mom and get her to bed. Now I'm going to eat some chicken and veggies, pray to god, and find hope and strength from others on here. Not ideal in some ways, but it was a good day none the less because I am sober and doing the right things in life. Not locked in a room crying about how unfair life has been to me.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

I am grateful to be where I am at. I am thankful for having SR in my life
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Feeling ok today, have alot of fire wood to cut and chop to keep me busy for the day
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i feel great thanks and all i did was ask god this morning to help me be a good man today, to help others, to keep me out of self and rid me of them stoooopid fears!! lol
Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's a great prayer, Johnny, very similar to mine each morning.

Mine works best when said while walking to a meeting ....

All the best to everyone.

Bob R
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do You Believe

I feel very tired today. Felt like my body weighed a ton lying in bed. Doesn't help that it is overcast today. Had to force myself to get up. Made 16 days today. I feel great otherwise. Everything is better being sober, physical well being, work, logic, general clarity, relationships, desire to do work around the house, etc.

I am grateful for the opportunity to get back on my feet and am thrilled that I am not in misery as I was a little over a couple of weeks ago. What a transformation.

Other than tired, this day is awesome and tomorrow could be the best day in my life. You never know. I am optomistic.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I seem to have no issues with not drinking until any kind of major stress hits. One right now is my "marriage" is over and I am scared sh*tless on what steps to take to move on.

That makes me want to drink. But I don't.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread BullDog, and I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. Today I feel energized. I finished a project last night (a sentence I never ever said while drinking) and then got up this morning and worked out (also never did while drinking) and I feel really good about that. I'm starting to keep my commitments both to other people and to myself and that makes me feel really energetic and excited for the day.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
I hope that changes ASAP for you kiki.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Feeling happy and energised

One of a more minor medical appointments didn't happen -- the doc is suddenly away for whatever reason -- no problemo

Man, the weather here is CRAZY WARM
77F and "normal for today" is 42F

hahaha so much for "normal"

Yay!! kiki
Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

one of a more minor medical appointments didn't happen -- the doc is suddenly away for whatever reason -- no problemo
lol

I'm always lookinf for excuses why NOT to go to the doc. they always find something to worry about! Even if later it turns out to be not so bad, they scare the crap out of you.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post
lol

I'm always lookinf for excuses why NOT to go to the doc. they always find something to worry about! Even if later it turns out to be not so bad, they scare the crap out of you.
Yeah, I can sure relate to THAT!!

I use to hate the fukk outta my docs to no end
Now, things are different

It's better this way, lol.

Thanks, ((kiki))
and awesome knowing you're feelin' way better!!