Notices

how do you feel today?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by thelastgoodbye View Post
I seem to have no issues with not drinking until any kind of major stress hits. One right now is my "marriage" is over and I am scared sh*tless on what steps to take to move on.

That makes me want to drink. But I don't.
I hear you. I am sitting in an airport waiting for a plane that starts my trip cross country to finalize my divorce. Married 27 yrs. He wanted it, I didn't.

Where to go? What to do next? You mean there's a NEXT?

Yesterday my FB status was "paralysis is NOT an option"

Other people have weathered this and worse, so I know there is indeed a tomorrow and a 'next'. And I DO have some part in what those things look like, choices I can make. What do I want to carry forward, what do I want to, or am at least willing to leave behind.

I'm far enough along in my recovery that this doesn't really make me want to drink/use so much (I've relapsed, so take that with a grain of salt...but no lime or tequ*la) I know those things don't do any good.

I don't want to go back to using. I don't even want to go back to my marriage. But I don't want to go on either. But on I go. Time will take me somewhere new, if I let it. That somewhere new might be an OK new, if I accept it and direct it to make use of my best self.

I suspect you and me both are past the point where drinking etc drowns the sorrow. It's just an expensive way to buy more misery.

If we don't dig our heels in and say "I refuse to budge, change or accept!" this too will take us someplace new. Since the old wasn't so great...i am willing to give "new" a chance.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
If we don't dig our heels in and say "I refuse to budge, change or accept!" this too will take us someplace new. Since the old wasn't so great...i am willing to give "new" a chance.
Fukkin' A !!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Feeling happy and energised

One of a more minor medical appointments didn't happen -- the doc is suddenly away for whatever reason -- no problemo

Man, the weather here is CRAZY WARM
77F and "normal for today" is 42F
Robby, can you spell "golf course" !!

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
so how do you feel today?
First, let me say I'm sorry to hear about your cousin.

Today I feel fine. March 6th was 90 days for me and I didn't realize it until last week. I quit cold turkey and never went to an AA meeting. Things have just really turned around.

Never felt better, can't understand why I didn't do this sooner.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
High on Life

Feeling pretty good for the most part. Tired as hell running a lot, working, and going to school, but I know in the end everything will be worth it. Things seem to be going Ok in my relationship, it's not perfect, but it's definitely better than it has been in the past.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, but glad to hear everything else is going good for you. Keep it up, you deserve it brotha!!