Notices

How much did you drink/drank a day?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How much did you drink/drank a day?

I don't really comfortable to ask this, but I'm interested in amount/kind of booze you had per day. Whether some of you drank more or less than me.

As a beer guy, I used to start my morning with 10-12 beers, pass out at 1 pm, then go to shop and take a serious portion - a 24 pack, drink it and combine with 2-3 shots of Whiskey.

What about you?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Too much!

I never see how these comparison of drinking amount posts are helpful..
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I cant ever remember or care to. Trying to make my first day today.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreddyBear View Post
I don't really comfortable to ask this, but I'm interested in amount/kind of booze you had per day. Whether some of you drank more or less than me.

As a beer guy, I used to start my morning with 10-12 beers, pass out at 1 pm, then go to shop and take a serious portion - a 24 pack, drink it and combine with 2-3 shots of Whiskey.

What about you?
Hi FB

as you can see from my threads, i am drinking 24 tins of 500mils beer a day @5% vol, i am going to stop as this is no life to lead, being locked away in the house, i hate this life, its noy big and not clever drinking
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi PaddyB and regards from a fellow european (Norway),

12 Liter of beer a day is a fair amount, just wonder if you do it in a sitting without a break/pass out.

I've been 9 days without a beer right now, and it's scary to see myself sober (30 y.o., 90 kg/170cm).

Good wishes to you!

- Fred

Originally Posted by Paddyb View Post
Hi FB

as you can see from my threads, i am drinking 24 tins of 500mils beer a day @5% vol, i am going to stop as this is no life to lead, being locked away in the house, i hate this life, its noy big and not clever drinking
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreddyBear View Post
Hi PaddyB and regards from a fellow european (Norway),

12 Liter of beer a day is a fair amount, just wonder if you do it in a sitting without a break/pass out.

I've been 9 days without a beer right now, and it's scary to see myself sober (30 y.o., 90 kg/170cm).

Good wishes to you!

- Fred
Hi Bud

na this is done over a 24 hour, drink sleep drink sleep etc, i hate the alcohol for what it had done to me
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
Too much!

I never see how these comparison of drinking amount posts are helpful..

When I was first considering the fact that I had a problem, I was also very curious. I guess I thought it would help me determine if I had a problem or not.
I realize now it does not matter at all how much someone else consumed. But I think early on, its only natural to be curious.
Oh, and just to answer the question, I am still struggling, and when I drink (which is too often), its too much. Especially for a woman my size.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zee

At the end... 1 bottle of vodka a day. I now have liver damage. I am 40. That is when it gets REAL! The choice between life or death. I am nearly 7 months sober. I can no longer drink alcohol, or I will DIE.

I agree with flutter, it is not helpful at all.

Paddyb, the choice is yours now. No more self pity required.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Evening drinker here though i have been where paddy is, as far as 24 hours on occasion. I was 5 - 7 litters of beer an evening before I pass out for the night (usually morning) sometimes more but not often. Finishing out day five.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Until it was all gone. Then I'd get some more and drink until that was gone. And then, so long as I could use my body, I'd get more, and drink it all. Until I couldn't physically get the bottle to my lips.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

If I just counted the beers to get me to sleep it'd have been a 12-pack of the 5%-ers. Sometimes I was so tired I'd only drink about 8 and fallout, many nights it was closer to the 18-pack. And when I say 'a night' I mean starting at ~7pm (trying to pass-out by midnight or 1am).
Old 03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It looks like you consume 40+ drinks a day? I would say that is in the 99.99 percentile of drinkers. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you are wondering if you have a problem or need to quit, I would suggest you have enough evidence.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Depends on way I'm feeling. I would sometimes drink 8 beers n pass out...then it went up to 8-10th beers and I started adding in vodka. Right now I have slowed way down and am quitting. A few weeks I drank an entire 5th of vodka in an 8 hour period. This is scary/deadly . I went to a detox center today for information as I'm also hooked on xanax. I have a long hard road ahead of me but after she scared the living hell out of me by insisting I should be dead by now, I.made a decision. Im not ready to die, I'm 35. Sorry for getting off topic.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. Very brave of you. This is day one for me. Very heavy drinker for a very long tim. Wish me luck. I drank 24/7.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I drank too much, let's just leave it at that.

I don't really see the benefit of these threads either, since they seem to serve two useless purposes: either people look to brag about how much they used to drink or else they try to justify their own drinking problem because they're not as bad as "that guy".

Today I'm happy and sober, and I'm living proof that anyone else can go from any amount of drinking to no drinking and be happy.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I drank my lifetime supply in about 20 years.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

1 to 2 bottles of vodka each day on weekends/benders. On "regular" (oxymoron I know) drinking evenings when I have to go to work the next day, .5 to .75 of a bottle. 20 days sober and very, very happy about it. Good luck to you.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Get off work, drink 5 - 24 oz. Ice beers(Ice because cheaper and more alcohol), get a 3 hour nap. Wake up drink same again. Sleep another 2-3 hours, wake up, watch tv or accomplish something. Go work the nightshift again. On the few days I am off work, worse. Been working this shift for over a decade, and the same job for over 24 years. Is it any wonder why my health is hurting and my BP is extremely high?
I am not proud of any of this. In fact I am embarassed. I want to stop very badly. I am seriously thinking I am almost ready to do it.
I am pretty old, alot of you are young. You have not damaged your body that badly yet. You have the rest of your long lives to quit and make your body well again. Do it now, you will never reget it. Take it from a person that wished he had done so many years ago.
Off to work I go.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

This is a good topic. IMO it helps to know that others drank insane amounts of booze. I don't feel so abnormal. I went on bender type drinking ranging from a few days to a few weeks. I mixed various pills & smoked cocaine as well. I drank malt liquor that was 10% & pint bottles of cheap vodka. I even resorted to cooking sherry & other stuff with alcohol in it. I would need a medical detox every single time I came off a binge. I've had DT's and have been in seriously bad shape due to alcohol.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

About a twelve pack a day then maybe a case a day on days off from work. I have no problem with these threads or I wouldn't click them on.